Whether you’re a music lover, an audiophile or just want to listen to music at the gym in complete freedom, Wireless headphones are the must-have for a music experience that combines quality and portability.
There are a lot of good wireless headphones out there. So, how do you even begin to choose which pair is right for you?
I’ll say this,
It’s not necessarily about the purist or absolutely best audio quality you can get, when it comes to sport headphones these are going to get beat up, they’re going to be tossed in a gym bag, you’re going to sweat on them.
Best Wireless Headphones 2017
After testing more than a dozen different pairs of Bluetooth headphones, I’ve come up with this top 10 best wireless headphones.
To be able to find you through the more than filled market of wireless headphones, lean a moment on our reviews!
|Device Name||Range||Playtime||Weight||Sweat proof|
|Jabra MOVE Wireless|
(Winner of the list)
|32 Feet||8 Hours||150Grams||No|
|Bose QuietComfort 35||33 Feet||20 hours||235 Grams||No|
|Sennheiser PXC 550||30 Feet||30 Hours||227 Grams||No|
|Marshall Major II||40 Feet||30 Hours||202 Grams||No|
|Jaybird X3 Sport||33 Feet||8 Hours||13.6 Grams||Yes|
|Skullcandy Jib||20 Feet||6 Hours||90 Grams||No|
|Bowers & Wilkins P5||30 Feet||17 Hours||213 Grams||No|
|Shure SE215||30 Feet||8 Hours||300 Grams||Yes|
|JLab Epic Air||30 Feet||7 Hours||200 Grams||Yes|
|Plantronics Backbeat PRO||330 Feet||24 Hours||340 Grams||No|
1. Jabra MOVE Wireless – Best for The GYM and Running
Jabra move wireless headphones come from Jabra obviously and they have a bit of a different approach. These wireless headphones come in at under $100. Honestly I didn’t expect a lot from these because of the price, but I was happily surprised they are actually remarkably comfortable and I’m really impressed by their sound.
This headset offers active noise suppression – it shields general ambient noise, human voices, but also traffic noise from transport and road traffic and has a cable connection as a recovery solution. The earphones can be folded for transport.
The Jabra MOVE comes with many high-ends features so let’s look at all the perks and advantages below:
- The headband is made out of a sweat resistant fabric.
- The compact and powerful 32 mm loudspeaker driver is ideal for the transmission of distortion-free sound regardless of the input power.
- This design brings even more comfort for long listening.
- It’s durable, yet lightweight and high-quality material of these headphones ensures high comfort, even when worn long.
- Fully rechargeable: The headphones are designed for use with rechargeable batteries. So you do not have to worry about additional costs with frequent use.
- You can connect all of your Bluetooth ready devices – phones, computers, tablets and more; comes with optional cord so you can use your headphones on flights
The wear comfort is very good thanks to leather padding. On the right earphone the controls are accommodated. The battery runs for about 8 hours, but cannot be changed. If the battery is empty, you can use the headphones by cable. The sound is very good and balanced, but the active noise suppression cannot be switched off.
The set is water resistant (convenient for listening to music in the rain and working out) and has an effective Bluetooth connection. Several commands on the headband make it possible to manage your music, and a microphone is also part for the telephone part.
Self-adjusting strap: Usually, headphones are adjusted for travel via a collapsible bracket. This can be annoying, since the bracket usually has to be adjusted before each use. Thanks to the flexible self-adjusting strap of this headphone, you can now enjoy your music even more quickly as it automatically adapts to your head.
Thanks to wireless FM transmission at high frequency, even walls happen, you can listen to your favorite music even if you are in a different room. Choose one of the two channels to minimize interference: Since you have the choice between two transmission channels, your listening pleasure is untroubled because you can easily select the channel with the best reception.
- Balanced sound
- Stylish design and high-quality processing
- Secure hold in the ear
- Presents basses and mids
- Very comfortable
- Plenty of accessories
- Long service life
- Very good workmanship
- Very good resolution
- High price
- Nothing for bass lovers
- Stand a little further out of the ears
2. Bose QuietComfort 35 – Best Wireless Headphones for Music and Movies
The Bose QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones are the ideal addition to your home audio system. Your music, movies and games come to life again, while you enjoy full freedom of movement.
Connect the transmitter base station (which also acts as a customized charging tray) to your home audio system or portable device and enjoy wireless crystal-clear sound from over 30 meters away.
The Bose QuietComfort 35 is a modern wireless headphone with excellent performance at an affordable entry price.
As per the norm, let’s take a look at the advantages of the Bose QuietComfort 35:
- Watch TV or listen to music : Enjoy a break and enjoy a movie in peace.
- With the Bose QuietComfort 35 you listen to your favorite music without being disturbed by ambient noise. This wireless headset can easily be connected to a TV or the hi-fi system and the volume can be adjusted via the headphones.
- The ears are surrounded by the upholstery and the headband automatically adapts to your head size. And the beauty of this headphone is the great range of up to 100 m between transmitter and receiver. So you can relax the music when you go to the kitchen to get something to drink.
- With the LDAC standard, they allow you to fully enjoy your favorite music in high quality and without any cable. To do this, it is obviously necessary to make sure that you have the files and the reading devices that follow behind. If the sound performance is more than correct, other highlights emerge from this small pair of wireless headphones.
- The neckband design is particularly comfortable and lightweight, and the different colors bring a nice look to the whole.
- It delivers an impressive sound experience. Thanks to advanced Bluetooth technology, you can enjoy your favorite music with the OnEar headset as of now!
The headphone utilizes the latest 2.4 GHz radio technology, which enables crystal-clear stereo sound from music sources or TV sets. For this purpose, the associated transmitter, which also functions as a charging station for the headphone and the additional rechargeable battery, is connected to the desired audio source, such as a TV set.
Compatible with almost any device : Whether the favorite music comes from the smartphone, tablet, notebook or even the TV up to 10 meters away – it can be connected to all Bluetooth-enabled devices. Thanks to APT-X and Apple AAC, the music is transmitted in the best audio quality without loss of quality.
The headphone is automatically detected and ready for use immediately. The design allows convenient and uncomplicated operation of the most important functions such as volume control or switching on or off while wearing the headphone.
The power full integrated rechargeable battery provides 10 hours of music pleasure without interruption. The rechargeable battery is simply charged to the computer or USB port via the included USB cable.
- Outstanding sound
- Easy to use
- High carrying comfort
- Very good price-performance ratio
- The case is slightly larger than usual
3. Sennheiser PXC 550 – Headphone with Touch Gesture
Home entertainment at the highest level: the Sennheiser PXC 550 offers impressive features in a compact, ergonomic design – enjoy music and TV to the fullest.
With Bass Boost and Surround Sound, you will experience your home entertainment system more intensively than ever before: Bass Boost provides rich bass reproduction, and the two virtual surround modes make the stereo sound even more spacious and lively.
There are several tests performed on a wireless headphone in order to make sure everything is in right place. Before we begin, you can read some of the advantages below:
- Closed, circumaural wireless headphone with excellent digital audio transmission
- Exceptional clarity in the sound and a range up to 100 m (visual connection).
- Allows you to switch between dynamic bass and virtual surround sound for situational sound adjustment.
- Supports analog and digital audio inputs and allows switching between inputs
- Exchangeable adapters: It is possible to adapt the headphones optimally to your own requirements and because of the very light weight, the wearing comfort is also permanently guaranteed.
The innovative digital wireless technology guarantees a clear and precise signal transmission as you move from room to room. With the user-friendly design, setup is a child’s play, and you can enjoy the Sennheiser
PXC 550 in turn.
Thanks to its light-weight and attractive design, it also ensures an optimal fit, while the brackets are designed to ensure that everything stays in place even during sport. The Sennheiser PXC 550 also have a new noise reduction technology as well as two integrated microphones for good echo and noise reduction. The reception range is between 5 and 10 meters, depending on the environment.
The connection between the headphones and the terminals works smoothly and quickly. There are hardly any misfires with regard to the sound, unless you play around the mobile phone very often during use. Then there may well be interruptions. The bung is largely pleasant and sound. The bass is sophisticated and sufficient for mobile use. There are no problems with telephone calls. Discussions can be clearly understood.
Due to the fact that the Sennheiser PXC 550 can be collapsed and stored in an enclosed transport box, it can be transported easily and without any damage.
- Lightweight design and comfortable wearing comfort
- Good sound quality
- Easy transport in storage box possible
- Easy connection to the terminal
- Too thin and too long connection cable
- Smaller interruptions when calling apps on the phone
4. Marshall Major II – Best Bluetooth Headset for DJ Use
The Marshall Major II is an excellent digital, wireless headphone for perfect DJ use. Its ergonomic ear-closed design reduces background noise and offers an exceptionally comfortable fit. The Major ll – looks similar to the original Major but this new model is significantly improved with a better design and better sound.
Again, like we are doing with every other wireless headphones in the list, we are going to the same thing with the Marshall Major 2 and go over the pros of this budget friendly:
- The ear cups have a more rounded design and the hinges in headband allow for more flexibility
- The double-ended coil cord has an inline 1 button remote and microphone for cell phone calls and the court is detachable.
- It has a durable L plug end on the headphone itself, the dual 3.5 millimeter jacks allow you to choose which side you prefer to wear your cable.
- Closed, circumaural wireless headphone with excellent digital audio transmission.
- Automatic switching on / off, if the headphone is used / put away
- Automatic tuning for optimal connection
Its sound quality is really cool you get really deep tight bass to it. You can’t really get that Rumble effect. It’s not really super punchy because they are 40 millimeter drivers so and they fit perfectly on the ear.
On the positive you have a nice compact and lightweight and comfortable design. You can fold these down, you can carry them with you or you can have them in storage without taking up a lot of space.
The major – also sounds better with improved bass response and increased detail. It’s a fairly warm forgiving headphone that works well with a variety of music but maintains a decent amount of clarity. You sometimes get a little too much bass push in a sub-$100 headphone which leads to some muddiness. Overall this headphone is pretty well balanced and sounds as good as more expensive headphones we’ve listed here.
Each time you wear the headset, it is turned on automatically, and it selects the best available connection for optimal sound and connection quality. No cumbersome fine tuning is required for the best connection.
- You have bluetooth and wired options to listen
- Great sound quality
- Flexible and collapsible
- Cool design
- One button to control everything
- Good battery life
- It has a built-in mic but the quality of it is so bad, you can’t use it.
- After wearing it for an hour or more continuously, it hurts your ear
5. Jaybird X3 Sport – Best Sport Earbuds
The cordless Jaybird X3 headphones allow you to completely immerse yourself in your very personal world of sound. The digital, cordless connection provides a trouble-free listening experience and crystal-clear audio for the ultimate music experience.
I’ve found other earphones actually be more comfortable and it goes in with more ease versus the X3. Now the X3 is the over ear method. It does provide a little bit more secure hold. You basically use the supply clips to create some tension and they stay on better with this alternative method.
So, without further ado, let’s get into the details and the pros of the Jaybird X3
- The Jaybird X3 drivers (40 mm) are acoustically designed for an excellent sound like in the cinema.
- The digital corded connection ensures crystal-clear sound.
- Automatic adjustment of the strap for an optimal fit.
- The light strap adapts itself to your Kopfform and ensures thus for comfortable wear comfort.
- Easy to use docking station Place the headphones for easy charging into the docking station.
- Thanks to the transmission range of 30 m, you can easily move freely at home.
Overall the build quality feels more premium the accent of metal and chrome on the ends adds a nice touch and the plastic has a nice coating to give it some texture. It’s water resistant and jaybird offers lifetime sweat proof warranty. At the end of each earbud is the battery and essentially the antenna has moved down to the inline controller. The previous models used a micro USB cord to charge the earphones.
One of the features that jaybird is promoting it’s a first for the x-series its smaller profile. It sticks out less and for the average consumer I do notice the weight isn’t pulling the earbuds out of my ears as much as the previous generation. This helps a lot with having the ear buds remain more stable while wearing.
- Comfortable wearing comfort
- Easy insertion and easy handling
- Earphone is also compatible with older keyboards
- Light weight
- No settings on the headphones
- Moderate stability
6. Skullcandy Jib – Best Earbuds Under 20 Dollars
The Skullcandy Jib was developed especially for music lovers. Its dynamic HiFi sound offers the purest pleasure for the home without disturbing cables.
This innovative ergonomic cordless bluetooth earbuds provides amazingly precise sound reproduction in uncompressed digital quality, even when you move from room to room. The headphone is light and even very comfortable after long wearing.
The Skullcandy Jib Wireless Hi-Fi – headphones is a bow headphones , which is also suitable for listening to music and watch TV. It has a dynamic, closed and self-regulating bracket and is equipped with an automatic switch-off and a battery indicator, which shows how far the battery is still charged.
So, is the Skullcandy Jib a worth buying? Well, let’s find out:
- Wireless, open ear-end headphone with digital uncompressed audio transmission.
- An incredible battery life of 17 hours oo wireless playback between charges.
- High performance converter for precise, exciting and detailed sound.
- (ALC) with automatic compensation of the volume differences or manual setting of the input sensitivity (MLC).
- Supports analog and digital audio inputs and allows switching between inputs.
In addition, the 32 mm loudspeaker driver is designed to ensure a high-quality sound, prevent distortion and eliminate noise. According to the manufacturer, the operating time is approximately 15 hours and the transmitter has 2 transmission channels so that the performance can be optimized.
The processing is high-quality and stable, without the headphones is too heavy and due to the self-regulating strap, the headphones adjusts immediately, which makes a high wearing comfort possible. The handset is placed on the ear, which makes it possible to wear it permanently, without creating an unpleasant feeling in the ear or excessive pressure on the ear.
The functionality as well as the range are as described in the article description. The transmission is crystal clear, without distortion and interference-free, even if the transmitter is in another room or on another floor.
It is noticeable, however, that the volume is not excessive. Thus the headphone can only be conditionally suitable for people who suffer from a hearing loss. Also the connection broke completely after a certain time, which made it necessary to pull the plug once for a short period of time and then plug it in again, so that the headphone again connects.
- Optimal wearing comfort and unobtrusive weight
- Very good range
- Rechargeable batteries are already charged
- Low volume
- Disconnect the connection from time to time
- Moderate stability
7. Bowers & Wilkins P5 – Best for Punching/Deep Bass
The Bowers & Wilkins P5 is the ultimate personalized audio companion with unparalleled sound quality, ease-of-use and the high wearing comfort you expect.
Whether you are watching TV or listening to music, the Bowers & Wilkins P5 ensures that you will not miss anything: in addition, the sound can be adapted to all individual needs and preferences with different playback modes. With the Bowers & Wilkins P5 you will hear the finest nuances of conversations – as well as the most delicate details of your favorite music.
It’s not very light, but this is compensated by special foam padding. These allow for a comfortable wearing comfort, but can sometimes lead to sweating after a while and become a bit uncomfortable to wear.
Let’s jump right in, and find out some of the good things of Bowers & Wilkins P5, shall we?
- Closed wireless headphone with excellent digital audio transmission.
- An incredible battery life of 17 hours oo wireless playback between charges.
- Selectable boost presets and additional noise reduction for clearer dialogs and excellent speech intelligibility.
- Through adjustable sound effects, the music is reproduced with a wider dynamic range to maintain the sound image in the best possible way.
- Supports analog and digital audio inputs and allows switching between inputs.
The P5 is specially designed for wearing comfort, excellent sound stability, while special foam ensures that the headphone is comfortable to sit. The headphones offer the choice to operate as Bluetooth headset as well as the connection via cable, so that it is versatile. The cable is included in the standard scope of delivery of the headphone and allows immediate use after purchase.
Whether you use the Bowers & Wilkins P5 Bluetooth headset with hands-free operation with the supplied cable, or as a Bluetooth headphone , the sounder result is not the same. When talking on the phone, it allows a clear and trouble-free playback, and the sound of listening to music can also be seen. Neither heights nor depths are striking, so that the sound can be described as broadly balanced. Distortion does not affect the headphones even at higher volumes, so that a pleasant sound can be expected at any time.
The fit itself is optimal, so that nothing presses or slips. For all too fast activities such as sports etc. the headphones are not suitable due to its weight, because it comes all too quickly into slipping.
The processing is sturdy and stable, so there is nothing to complain about, and the design is something for the eye and looks classy and appealing, so you can generally say that the quality of the Bowers & Wilkins P5 Bluetooth headset with hands-free function Price is quite reasonable, even if it is in a slightly higher range.
- Balanced sound with clear playback
- Very comfortable and comfortable to move
- Integrated remote control and detachable enclosed cable
- Price / performance ratio is good
- Microphone is integrated
- The headphone is a little heavy
- Sweating through foam padding
8. Shure SE215 – Best go-to Headphones for Everyone
The Shure SE215 is your perfect Audio partner for personal listening, offering you unrivaled sound quality, ease of use and first-class comfort – all you expect.
Regardless of whether you see your favorite broadcast or listen to music, the Shure SE215 ensures that you do not miss anything: the highly innovative, digital wireless technology guarantees crystal-clear audio transmission with low latency, even if you move from room to room. Various listening profiles allow you to adjust the sound to your individual needs and preferences.
Let’s get right into the features, and look at some of the good things, shall we?
- This headset is equipped with an ear-budged wireless headphone with excellent digital wireless audio transmission.
- Selectable listening profiles and an additional noise suppression mode ensure clear dialogues and excellent speech intelligibility.
- Supports connection to analogue and digital audio sources and allows switching between audio inputs.
- Multi-purpose transmitter.
- Used as charging and docking station.
- Balance control for volume control right / left.
- Ergonomic design for first-class comfort
With the Shure SE215 you will hear subtle nuances in conversations and all the details of your favorite music like never before. And although the headphone with its numerous features is state-of-the-art, it is easy to use due to its user-friendly design. The practical controls make it easy to take advantage of the numerous features and the ergonomic design ensures a comfortable fit, even when listening for hours.
It allows a good 30 hours service time without requiring the device to be charged. The manufacturer emphasizes in particular the wearing comfort and the sound quality, which is to be ensured by an ingenious and intelligent sound optimization. The headphone is available in the color black and has a rather neutral design.
The Shure SE215 has a very good processing and is sturdy and stable, so that it can also transport transshipment undamaged. A little heavy with 300 g weight, he is very well upholstered, so that the weight is not quite as problematic. However, the headphone cannot be used in activities where the user is very much moving. The indicated 30 hours running time reaches the device in Bluetooth mode. In addition, it can also be used
together with the supplied cable.
Theoretically, the external world can be completely left behind by turning the volume a little
higher. The headphone is equipped with micro-USB cable, connection cable and a pocket for accommodation. The price / performance ratio is quite reasonable, even if the price moves in a rather high range.
- Very good wearing comfort and high quality workmanship
- Very good sound insulation and good sound
- Battery life very high
- Integrated remote control and detachable cable
- Lack of bass sound
- High price and no color selection
- Headphone is slightly heavy
9. JLab Epic Air – Best Wireless Earbuds for Exercise
The sound of the headphones offers a high level of sound enjoyment and great care has been taken to ensure a comfortable wearing comfort, which is guaranteed by the special Deluxe foam. Users can choose
between operating the headphones via Bluetooth or by connecting them with a cable, which ensures flexible usage options. The cable is part of the standard delivery of the JLab Epic Air, which are available in black and white.
Now let’s take a look at some of the reasons why the JLab Epic Air made it into the list:
- JLab Epic Air features a 7 hour battery life included charging case can pump out 30 more hours of listening time.
- It runs bluetooth 4.0 with aptX technology, providing amazing wireless audio quality. It has an upgraded ceramic antenna with Beacon Signal Technology.
- The included charging case is the perfect portable, universal charger, Its lights indicate how much power is remaining so you’ll know when to recharge the case.
- It’s wireless sound at its best.
- Comes with triple flange custom fit tip and a unique shallow-fit tip, allow the earbud to customize to anyone’s fit.
Basically, the JLab Epic Air can be said to have a balanced quality at a normal to slightly increased volume, so that no unpleasantly high or low frequencies stand out in any way. However, if you want to achieve a really booming and drowning sound, the headphones here will drop a little bit. To reach this state, you have to turn it up quite a bit. Otherwise, no distortion occurs and you get a clear sound image.
When used as a Bluetooth headset, there are no real noticeable differences compared to using it with a cable. The microphone can be described as a small shortcoming, however, because you have to be careful to really talk into it, so that the playback can take place. The wearing comfort can be described as quite sufficient, considering that the headphones are rather heavy compared to competitor models.
The JLab Epic Air fit well, which is why the higher weight is not noticeable at first. However, if you wear it for a longer period of time, you can already feel it. The workmanship of the device is robust and stable and the equipment with USB charger and airplane cable is quite reasonable to the price.
- Balanced sound image with excellent reproduction
- Very good wearing comfort with extensive freedom of movement
- Integrated remote control and detachable cable
- Price/performance ratio good
- Built-in microphone
- Sound can tilt slightly at very high volume
- The headphones are a bit heavy for lasting wearing
10. Plantronics Backbeat PRO – Best for Office Work
This is the backbeat pro Plantronics entry into the full-size headphone market. In the past Plantronics has made a lot of in ear headphones for its backbeat line but as I said this is the first full-size headphone and it really is designed for someone who is working in an office environment.
Without wasting anymore time, we are now going to take a look at all the things that make the backbeat pro the best wireless headphones in the given price tag:
- It’s a good sounding headphone with well balanced sound, It produces heavy bass a little bit push in the trouble.
- It does have NFC tap to pair technology for phones that support it as well as apt X support that’s supposed to make Bluetooth sound better for phones.
- There is a wired option you can connect if it does run out of batteries on a plane or something.
- You can get about 24 hours of battery life from these headphones.
- The controls are all built into the headphone ear cups they’re well placed and easy to operate, you can advance tracks forward and back raise volume and answer and end calls very easily.
- It’s a Bluetooth 4.0 headphone and there is enhanced range for devices so this can go well beyond the 30 foot range of usual Bluetooth devices.
- This is a comfortable headphone not necessarily the lightest headphone but it is designed to be worn in office environments.
The Plantronics Backbeat PRO is a headset that is especially suited for mobile use and office activities. In addition, the device has a microphone and an integrated answer. According to the manufacturer, 24 hours running time or 8 hours running time are possible, with long-term use. The control panel is ergonomically designed to ensure fast acceptance of calls.
The sound of the headphone is well balanced, but the bass is lacking, which could be emphasized more easily. When talking, the conversations are crystal clear and the microphone also ensures a smooth transmission to the call partner. The assumption of telephone calls is as expected uncomplicated and with a very intuitive handle possible. All in all, the headphones, in relation to a normal claim, is worth its money.
- Very comfortable wearing comfort and light weight
- Easily collapsible
- Balanced sound quality
- Good compatibility with different devices
- Making phone calls smoothly possible
- Occasionally connection problems
- There is a lack of bass
Best Wireless Headphones Buyer’s Guide
A few years ago, no one wanted to hear about Bluetooth connection to listen to his music. A comprehensible choice as the functionality was not yet fully developed, offering both fair sound performance and limited scope.
Today, 99% of smart phones have a Bluetooth connection, offering a simple and fast pairing. The NFC modules also allow you to connect your headphones without even going through any menu.
Since then, the technology has clearly evolved in the right direction and now offers performance very close to the wired models. With the arrival of Bluetooth 5.0, the bit rates and range are expected to increase further.
In practice, Bluetooth headphones bring a real advantage in terms of comfort, finally removing this cursed cable connecting them to your Smartphone or tablet. One is then much more free of its movements, a point especially appreciated by the sportsmen.
As with every purchase, you first need to think about what you are going to do with the headset. If you are going to move a lot in which case you will need to be careful about the autonomy. If you want to have a dedicated application with functions noise reduction, etc. In general, comfort and sound quality are the priority criteria for our selection.
In terms of comfort, Bluetooth headsets are either in circum-auricular where the earpieces will totally enclose your ears for a better comfort or in supra-auriculars where the auricles will be smaller and less comfortable, but the helmet will gain in lightness and compactness.
As for the sound, its signature will vary according to each model. It will be necessary to advise according to your musical genre or your preferences, that generally the dedicated applications will allow you to customize your sound experience.
It is also necessary to know that there are different qualities of Bluetooth transmission: the best, the LDAC developed by Sony on the operation of the standard Bluetooth 4.0, allows a transfer with very few losses and a sound quality up to 24 bits and 96 kHz, then come the apt-x which uses a bandwidth of up to 350 Kbits / sec, AAC with a bandwidth of 256 Kbits / sec and the SBC whose bandwidth can range from 128 to 345 Kbits / dry Some headphones also have an NFC chip that allows them to connect to other compatible devices just by bringing them closer together.
Regarding the features, the most important is active noise reduction. How it works? A tiny microphone transmits the ambient sound which it has recorded the signature to the processor that will generate an opposite sound. Obviously this technology works better with a constant noise and will be ineffective in case of sudden noises.