Are you looking for the best GPS for the motorcycle in the market?
If yes, don’t be in a hurry looking for just any GPS device before having first-hand information on what you really need.
The choice of your ideal motorcycle GPS device depends largely on how you are going to use it. Whether it is for long or short trips, you should settle for the device that suits your needs in terms of durability, efficiency in navigation and with a long-lasting battery life.
In this article, we shall review the best ten top-notch motorcycle GPS in the market so you can easily decide on which one suits your needs.
Best Motorcycle GPS List 2021
|GPS Name||Screen Size||Waterproof||Bluetooth|
|TomTom GO 520|
| Garmin Nuvi 2789LMT||7.0-inch||No||Yes|
|TomTom Rider 550||5.0-inch||No||No|
|Garmin Nuvi 57LM||5.0-inch||No||No|
|TomTom VIA 1525SE||5.0-inch||No||No|
|Garmin Dezl 580||5.0-inch||No||Yes|
|Garmin Zumo 396||4.3-inch||Yes||Yes|
|Garmin Drive 52||5-inch||No||No|
1. TomTom GO 520 – The Best Motorcycle GPS 2021
Riding is fun and exhilarating. There’s no question about that. On the flip side, riding on the freeway, not knowing which exit to take or where to turn, can be dangerous. One wrong move might spell sudden death.
The folks at TomTom are all too aware of this fact, and it’s evident in their GO 520 navigation system. Its sleek design and high-tech features make this the best GPS device we’ve come across – and we’ve seen many. Here’s what stood out for us.
- Large and bright 5-inch touchscreen display
- Built-in Wi-Fi for automatic maps and software updates to the device
- Hands-free text message reading feature
- Voice-activated communication with Google Now and Siri through TomTom GO
- Hands-free dialing via Bluetooth technology
Build and Design
Everything on the GO 520 is clear and concise. You don’t have to go digging through menus to access the navigation system’s basic functionality. All the journey information you need is displayed intuitively on the right-hand side of the screen. The UI is simple, with a few icons that act as hotspots for more information.
The built-in Wi-Fi functionality is a nice touch as well. You don’t have to hook it up to your phone’s data every time you ride. Plus, you can rest easy knowing the software it runs on will always be up-to-date with the latest map information.
All in all, for a motorcycle navigation system, the TomTom GO 520 packs a punch. The fact that you can connect it to your favorite voice-activated assistant and even make/receive calls hands-free are just a few of the reasons why this particular model is top on our list.
- The screen is visible even in bright sunlight
- Automatically updates software and maps
- Can read messages out loud for a safer ride
- Supports hands-free dialing and call answering
- The initial setup can be time-consuming and a little problematic for individuals who aren’t tech-savvy.
2. Garmin Nuvi 2789LMT – Motorcycle GPS with Bluetooth
Its voice command feature is incorporated in the device to enable you to navigate efficiently.
The Garmin Nuvi 2789LMT is a state of the art navigation tool that you should not afford to miss it.
What makes Garmin Nuvi 2789LMT rise above the occasion? Here are the answers:
- Design: The GPS device has a simple design with a seven-inch display that you can pinch to zoom. The glass screen has a friendly user interface to enable you to operate it with ease.
- Free lifetime traffic avoidance: The map display on the screen prevails with the current changes on the streets or highways
Junction view in real time: The GPS navigator is equipped with the photo real junction view feature that lets you have all details.
- Voice-activated command: You can easily control the device at the command of your voice. This gives enough time to use your hands to control your ride.
- Bluetooth: This magnificent wireless technology enables you to easily connect with other Bluetooth devices for hands-free calling or listening to music.
- Active lane guidance: To facilitate your navigation.
Build and Design
Garmin Nuvi 2789LMT is designed primarily to make your navigation much easier. The display from the 7″ screen has a pinch to zoom feature that helps you access on-screen information closely.
There is Foursquare that allows you to find addresses as well as millions of points of interest (POI). This is a new way to discover restaurants and other amenities on your route.
789LMT has a Garmin traffic feature to help you have your driving map on the screen as you ride along. Also, you are able to receive traffic alerts and messages from the voice command prompt on the screen.
With German Nuvi 2789LMT, you can never get lost. The device is designed with an automotive navigation that does not rely on cellular signals to find your way. This implies that you can still find directions where there is no mobile network coverage.
In addition, you can easily find your exact destination using Direct Access feature that selects complex destinations for you within a larger location. In fact, the feature can help you navigate through complex places to find your way out.
Garmin Nuvi 2789 LMT is a GPS device that you need especially when venturing in those locations you are not familiar with.
- Perfect screen size for detailed display
- Ideal in any weather conditions
- Easy to use
- Garmin Nuvi updates
- Does not come with the car charger.
- Reflective screen
- Prone to malfunction
3. TomTom Rider 550 – Google Now and Siri Compatible
The GPS device comes with advanced features that define its excellent performance.
It is fully equipped with the Wi-Fi connectivity and cutting-edge technology in many of its features.
What makes it popular?
- Personalized Path: It makes it easier for you to find an appropriate route in winding and hilly areas. The feature can assist you in taking a direct route to save your time.
- Google Now and Siri Compatibility: This feature allows you to unlock all great benefits of your smartphone when on the road. It uses the compatibility aspect of the GPS to let you answer to calls, listen to your music and navigate easily.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: The feature helps you to connect easily to Wi-Fi so you can enjoy using the internet and get the best updates that the GPS device needs.
- Full Screen: The 5” screen is quite handy in making sure that you see everything popping up on the screen without straining your eyes.
- Long lasting battery life: The battery that comes with the TomTom 550 is capable of serving you for long hours while enjoying your ride.
Build and Design
The TomTom 550 sturdy built will enable you to navigate in all types of environmental conditions without breaking down. As a result, you can take a ride with the TomTom 550 in any weather conditions, sunlight and other extreme situations without worrying about its functional ability.
The five-inch touchscreen is glove-friendly and sunlight readable so you can easily view detailed information on the display regardless of the prevailing weather conditions. The screen, however, is designed with bright light to let you see what it displays even in bright sunlight.
The GPS device is built with an internal memory of 16 gigabytes (GB) to store as much information as you possibly can. If not enough, you can back up the memory through the SD slot available on the device.
The rechargeable Lithium Ion battery has an outstanding lifetime of up to six hours of autonomous operation while taking your ride.
Most significantly, the device is designed with an already installed regional map with more options to download other maps from around the globe absolutely free. This is possible through the My Drive connect application which makes it easier for you to access and download maps.
The TomTom 550 is a well built and designed GPS device you can trust when taking your motorcycle ride in hilly and winding areas. Above all, it works perfectly in all weather conditions.
- Excellent Wi-Fi connectivity
- Top quality battery
- Availability of Updated maps and POIs.
- A bright and responsive screen display
- Minimal mounting options
- Does not work with the update software
4. Garmin Nuvi 57LM – Easy to Use GPS for Motorcycle
You don’t need cellular signals when using it because it is fully designed to work in all regions including cellular dead zones.
The device can be mounted either vertically or horizontally with the help of a suction cup mount that keeps it firmly attached at one place. The following key features make Nuvi 57LM an ideal GPS device for your motorcycle.
- A Dual-orientation display: The GPS device has a 5-inch dual orientation screen for easy use while navigating.
- Detailed maps: Nuvi 57LM comes with fully installed detailed maps of the lower forty-nine U. S states with a free lifetime map updates. The gadget can clearly show you up-to-date maps, points-of-interest (POI) and useful navigation information. You can download free maps on the device absolutely free.
- Garmin real directions: The Nuvi 57LM has a “spoken turn-by-turn directions” that comes with Garmin Real Directions to guide you all along. The easy to understand driving direction guide uses notable landmarks to direct you to your destination.
- Foursquare: Makes it easier for you to find addresses and a number of POIs and other destinations.
- Direct access: This feature is designed to help you find target destination, additional location information and finding a specific place within a larger location.
- Lane assist: Nuvi 57LM is equipped with a lane assist that allows you to view upcoming junctions and also guides you to your proper lane.
- Backup camera compatibility; It has an option of pairing with a wireless but compatible camera for easier navigation( the Germin Nuvi backup camera is sold separately)
Design and Build
The Nuvi 57LM is designed with a five-inch dual orientation display that allows you to view detailed information on a glove-friendly touchscreen as you move around. When it comes to directions, you will find spoken turn-by-turn useful in guiding you while navigating in places you have never been before.
The GPS device is built with easy to use and dedicated GPS navigators that will still work well in areas not covered by cellular signals.
You will find already installed detailed maps on this device and other options you can use to download more maps when necessary.
If you are riding your motorcycle to a new location, you need Nuvi 57LM to guide you via the inbuilt spoken turn-by-turn feature that gives you direction.
- Easy to use GPS navigator
- Detailed maps
- Garmin real directions that guide you
- Foursquare to help you find places of interest
- Software installation failure
5. TomTom VIA 1525SE – Cheap Motorcycle GPS
With the search menu, you will find the direction to your destination with ease.
On the other hand, the advanced lane guidance is designed to prepare you when at the exit and intersections by giving you clear highlights of the correct driving lane you can take for your planned route.
The following features explain why you need TomTom VIA1525SE for your navigation while riding your favorite motorcycle.
- A 5-inch touchscreen; Very useful to display clear and vital information. The screen displays the menu which helps you in finding your destination. You can either use a search menu or simply touch a point on the displayed map on the screen.
- Lifetime traffic updates: To inform you of the prevailing traffic situation and if possible direct you to a route that will save your time.
- Lifetime map updates: The GPS device comes with already installed maps of the US. Alternatively, you can download free map updates when necessary.
- Free software updates: It allows you to connect to your computer to update software free of charge. It also enables you to download other useful navigation features
- Advanced lane guidance: This feature is useful when trying to find your lane and it also prevents you from taking a wrong lane at the junction
Build and Design
The VIA 1525SE is built with a 5-inch touchscreen that is glove-friendly thus enabling you to operate it with ease. In addition, the screen is designed to display information clearly when using it where there is sunlight.
With the eight GB internal memory, you can download applications and other navigation features that you may find useful with the device. Besides, there’s a microSD slot that you can use to insert your memory card when you want to expand storage space on the GPS device.
The Battery life is up to one hour of autonomous operation, which is enough time to move from one location to the other. Finally, the device comes with an easily reversible mount to hold it firmly in place.
The VIA 1525 SE is a perfect GPS device if you want an easy to use but intuitive navigation to find your destination.
- Easy to operate
- Nice and compact in design
- Large and accurate screen
- Clear and high resolution
- Some POIs are missing
- Incorrect destination
- Unclear directions
- Slow touch screen
6. Garmin DriveSmart 60 NA LMT – Motorcycle GPS Waterproof
If you want a GPS navigation device with advanced smart features, reach out to Garmin DriveSmart 60 NA LMT. You will find a number of useful features that the device comes with it as you take your rides.
You can image receiving constant but useful alerts for your frequent commute while talking to Garmin DriveSmart. What about a free lifetime traffic avoidance to reach your destination faster by escaping the ever annoying traffic?
In this post, we shall highlight some of the key features that you will find helpful regarding Garmin DriveSmart GPS navigation device.
- A 6-inch display touchscreen: It is designed to help you navigate with ease with the help of a dual-orientation feature displayed on the screen. At the same time, you can pinch to zoom in order to view detailed information on a bright and clear screen.
- Detailed Maps: The device comes with already installed maps of North America with an absolutely free lifetime map updates as well as a lifetime traffic.
- Bluetooth: When paired with a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, you will be able to make hands-free calls with the help of a voice-activated navigation system.
- Driver alerts: This feature is quite handy in keeping you conscious and aware of the upcoming sharp corners, school zones, and your speed.
- Customized smartphone notifications: It displays calls, texts among other applications alerts on the navigation screen.
Build and Design
The Garmin DriveSmart is a compact designed gadget with a number of inbuilt features that assist you when navigating. With the latest advancement in technology, you can control this GPS device at the command of your voice while your hands stay safe on the wheel.
On the hand, the device is built to connect with your compatible smartphone via the smartphone link mobile app. The application can give you real-time information regarding weather as well as traffic conditions
Finally, Garmin DriveSmart GPS device is built to keep you safe by providing alerts that encourage you to drive safely. The device can notify you while riding your motorcycle in the wrong direction. At the same time, you can receive alerts of the nearby red light and speed camera for sudden halts if necessary.
The Garmin DriveSmart GPS device is designed with the latest technology to make navigation easier. If you can access the device, you will worry less about your adventures.
- Compact design
- Voice command
- Easy to use
- Free map updates
- A little more costly
- The screen could be brighter
7. Garmin Dezl 580 – GPS with Local & Country Maps
Garmin has been in the GPS device space for several years now and has become a trusted industry leader when it comes to all-things navigation systems.
The company’s wealth of experience and unparalleled expertise shines through the Dezl 580.
Here’s a brief overview of our experience with the device.
- Custom routing: The device comes with preloaded, up-to-date maps of the country with lots of useful information like school zones, hazardous curves, and safety tips when riding on the open road.
- Built-in directory for motorcycle services: The Dezl also comes with a directory for helpful services you might need along the road, including parking, public Wi-Fi hotspots, lodging, and more.
- Break planning for long rides: If you’re planning a long trip on your motorcycle, the Dezl provides timely alerts for rest stops, ATMs, diners, fast-food pit-stops, and any other amenities you might require.
- Bluetooth compatible: The GPS device pairs with Bluetooth compatible smartphones and even has a built-in microphone and speaker you can use to hold conversations even in loud traffic.
Build and Design
The Dezl looks sleek and feels elegant. With a 5-inch screen display, it’s just the right size for your motorcycle so that it won’t take up too much room on your dashboard. All the on-screen options are intuitively arranged, making it fairly easy to navigate. The software updates download automatically to ensure you’re always using the latest maps, whether local or country.
We were pleased to find that everything works as advertised, so no disappointments there. For its price, the Dezl delivers outstanding value, which was a definite plus in our books.
- Premium and high-end GPS
- Easy user interface with the touchscreen
- Free updates
- Clear screen display even in the sunshine
- Fast in calculating the route
- A little more costly
8. Garmin Zumo 396 LMT-S – Best Motorcycle GPS off Road
You can spice up the game through the addition of a few selected maps while the device lets you pair up with a number of different devices among them the GPS or a smartphone to have a more fulfilling and delightful trip.
That being said, let’s look at the key features that make Garmin Zumo LMT-S a better choice for group rides.
- Bluetooth: The device comes with a Bluetooth that is compatible with almost all devices. The GPS gadget gives room for multiple pairs up with smartphones while on a group road trip to enable everyone to listens to music, radio or take calls and check messages.
- Driver alerts: The GPS navigator system will let you have constant alerts to encourage safe driving or riding. Additionally, the device alerts you of what is coming ahead which may include sharp curves, railroad crossing, changes in speed among others.
- High-quality display: The touch screen display is of very high quality and it is resistant to fuel vapors, hostile weather conditions, climatic changes and the ultraviolet rays. The screen, however, is glove-friendly making it easy to operate while riding at the same time.
- Garmin adventurous routing: Helps you to know the conditions ahead on the route especially when finding roads in curvy and hilly regions.
- Inbuilt Wi-Fi: For various updates without using a computer.
Built and Design
The Garmin Zumo LMT-S is built with a fuel detector to alert you when running out of this essential commodity. The sensor is designed to let you know the nearest gas filling stations, mechanic shops and many more.
The screen size is 4.3 inches designed to display high-resolution images on the bright crystal clear touchscreen. The screen is bright enough to allow you to view details in the glaring sunlight and at various angles.
The device is light in weight and compact in its design which makes it ideal to move around with it. Apart from that the GPS navigation, the device is designed to enable you to have an access to the free live services for traffic and prevailing weather conditions through a smart link application.
The Garmin Zumo LMT-S is recommended GPS navigation gadget that you will find more applicable while taking an adventurous ride with a group of friends. This is attributed to the unique features that make it suitable when on a group trip.
- Outstanding rugged design
- Excellent battery life
- Easy to operate
- A friendly interface
- Top quality navigation features
- Connectivity issues with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
9. Garmin Drive 52 – Best for Quick and Easy Setup
It’s no secret that setting up navigation systems can be somewhat time-consuming.
For this reason, you may want a basic motorcycle GPS that’s quick to set up and easy to use.
The Garmin Drive 52 is designed to do just that.
- Easy-to-read menus: The Drive 52 allows you to view turn-by-turn directions at a glance.
- Bright 5-inch touchscreen: The screen is bright enough to view even in sunny conditions.
- Useful rider alerts: To keep you safe on the road, the Drive 52 offers tons of travel data and rider alerts, whether you’re going on a road trip or driving locally.
- TripAdvisor integration: Various locations of interest on the map, such as restaurants, hotels, and attractions, come with TripAdvisor traveler ratings that will display as you approach your destination.
- History network: The Drive 52 allows you to view photos and descriptions of notable POIs like museums, monuments, and historic sites, to learn more about your intended destination.
Built and Design
Right off the bat, the Drive 52 is not as feature-rich as some of the other GPS gadgets you may have come across. It’s intentionally designed that way to make it quick and easy to set up and use. If you’re looking for a device that comes with Wi-Fi updates, Bluetooth connectivity, voice-activated commands, and so forth, this navigation system is not for you.
It is built for the minimalist at heart who just wants a good, old-fashioned navigation system that tells them how to get from point A to B, and perhaps a brief overview of any useful information about their destination. That’s just about it.
The Drive 52 might be basic, but it works exceptionally well to get you to your destination. Its minimalist approach to navigation is also reflected in its price.
- Quick and easy to set up and use
- Provides useful rider alerts to keep you safe on the road
- Displays TripAdvisor ratings of restaurants, hotels, and other attractions
- It may not be ideal for individuals looking for something a little more high-tech
10. Navruf – Motorcycle GPS with Real Voice Broadcast
How great would it be to have a basic motorcycle navigation system that used a realistic-sounding voice to direct you as opposed to the generic, computer-generated ones you’ve become accustomed to?
That’s precisely what the Navruf motorcycle GPS brings to the table.
- Real voice prompts: When you’re out riding, you can rely on the smart voice prompts to guide you on your journey without having to look down at the screen.
- Multi-vehicle support: The Navruf GPS works with motorcycles, pedestrian bicycles, trucks, SUVs, sedans, and any other motor vehicle you can think of.
- Best route mapping: Once you set the destination, the device uses the available traffic information to calculate the shortest and fastest route to your destination.
- Lifetime map updates: The GPS comes preloaded with the latest map information. However, you can always visit the manufacturer’s website for a free update once you’ve had your device for a while.
Built and Design
The Navruf navigator has a 7-inch touchscreen with an 800 x 480 resolution. It has high-quality tempered glass to protect the screen from bumps and grazes that may end up damaging it. It also features 256 GB RAM and 8GB ROM, which can be upgraded to 32 GB if required.
The Navruf runs on a Windows CE 6.0 operating system and has a built-in 1200mAH rechargeable lithium-ion battery. It’s a very basic navigation system and doesn’t come adorned with all the bells and whistles we’ve come to expect from GPS devices. It will, however, get the job done.
All in all, the Navruf is functional and affordable. While it may not support voice-activated commands, the smart voice prompts will get you to your destination without ever having to take your hands off the handlebars. If you’re looking for a basic navigation system that’s budget-friendly, this would be a great option to consider.
- 3D navigation
- Works on multiple vehicles in addition to motorcycles
- Lifetime free map updates
- Smart voice prompts for hands-free navigation
- The screen is large enough to see while riding
- Users have to manually update the maps through the manufacturer’s website
Buying Guide – Things to Look For When Buying a Motorcycle GPS
That being said, there are numerous motorcycle devices on the market with excellent features that make them suitable for navigation in different parts of the world.
In this article, we are going to discuss what you need to consider when looking for the best motorcycle GPS based on features, purpose, how to use the devices and their benefits.
Why should you use the motorcycle GPS?
You must be having your own reasons why you need the best motorcycle GPS, but whichever the case, these devices have transformed the world navigation to our advantage.
The technology behind motorcycle GPS has made everything easier ranging from monitoring the speed of your motorcycle to determining your precise location as well as calculating the distance you need to travel.
The distance you need to cover is important so that you can easily estimate the cost of your trip and hours you are likely to spend riding the motorcycle to your intended destination.
The use of your motorcycle GPS can help you assess the kind of terrain you are about to traverse. Besides, you can easily point out places of interests (POI) such as recreational facilities and restaurants where you can spend a little more time before proceeding with your trip.
Also, the information contained in the GPS device will enable you to make good progress and improvement in your motor biking.
How the Motorcycle GPS works?
The term GPS stands for Global Positioning System. Just like the usual GPS system, the motorcycle GPS works in sync with the global-positioning-system satellites orbiting the Earth to receive and relay messages from one device to the other.
The GPS device works in conjunction with a number of satellites by checking and comparing data transmitted in real time and position. Therefore, whenever you are using your motorcycle GPS, you are sure of receiving information and your exact location at the same time.
Why can’t you just use your mobile phone instead of a motorcycle GPS?
You can use your mobile telephone in place of a motorcycle GPS but there are constraints to its use while riding a motorbike. As a matter of fact, there are four major reasons why you should never think of using your mobile phone on a motorcycle.
To begin with, your mobile gadget is not waterproof. This implies that if it rains when riding your motorcycle, it will get wet. As a result, rainwater will cause serious damage to your mobile telephone motherboard by creating short circuits.
In the process, you will not be able to use it together with your motorcycle as well as making calls or accessing the internet. Again, it will need to be replaced by another one or get repaired and all these are expenses you do not wish to incur.
The second reason is that your smartphone does not come with mounting options that will enable it to stay firmly in one place while riding the motorbike.
At high speeds, it is likely that the mobile device will drop and get damaged or stop working completely. If it happens this way, you will have problems with navigation because there will be no data to refer to.
Thirdly, your mobile relies majorly on cellular network signal. If your trip goes out of the cellular network coverage, chances are you will not be able to receive any helpful information regarding navigation.
The fourth reason is distractions that come with the usage of mobile phones. You could be tempted to answer to calls (if not using a Bluetooth device for hands-free calls) or read messages while riding along and this is detrimental to your safety.
In most cases, mobile phones have been the main reasons for a number of accidents all over the world due to their distraction nature.
Factors to consider when choosing the best motorcycle GPS
With the advancement of technology, the need for a motorcycle GPS is a requirement rather than an option. You may use your mobile phone to act as a GPS device but is not enough.
The GPS device is way too advanced and adaptable to all navigation activities and hurdles that come along where an ordinary smartphone cannot handle. For that reason, you need to consider the following factors when purchasing your motorcycle GPS:
• Mounting options
This is one of the key factors you should not overlook when selecting the best motorcycle GPS. This option will ensure that the device is firmly mounted in one position and strategically placed so you can have a clear view of the display on the screen.
It is, however, advisable to inquire from the seller if the device you are buying comes with a universal mount. The universal mount is important due to the fact that you can use the same mounting option on various motorcycles.
A universal mount will save you time and money while fixing your motorcycle GPS device on a number of motorbikes.
• Motorcycle GPS features
In order for the motorcycle GPS to function properly, there are features you need to scrutinize so that you are sure of what you need.
Good features determine the functional ability of any product and that is what you need to look out for in a GPS device for your motorcycle. The following features are of great importance in the first place:
User-friendly interface: This the focal point on the device you want to acquire. If you make a wrong choice regarding this feature, you may have problems when operating your GPS gadget.
The menu on the interface should be self-explanatory to make you understand every operation within the shortest time possible.
The Touchscreen: A good touchscreen is defined by its sensitivity to the touch. The screen should be clear and responsive even if you are wearing gloves (of course it is mandatory to wear gloves while riding a motorcycle).
Select a GPS device that has a well-functioning touchscreen to save your time and money.
The volume: The volume from the GPS gadget you intend to fix on your motorcycle should have a crisp and clear sound that you will not strain your ears when trying to make out any information from the device itself.
The sound can save you the agony of spending more time looking at the screen to retrieve important information. Sometimes you need to concentrate on looking ahead to avoid causing accidents.
Sound instructions from the device will save you a lot of time and keep you focused on your course. With Bluetooth enabled helmet, you can easily ride on as you listen to instructions without looking at the display.
Battery life: An extended battery life in a motorcycle GPS means long trips of continuous device operation. However long the trip may be, the battery has to sustain the GPS and that is why devices with long-lasting battery life are recommended.
Make sure that your GPS gadget has a charger at the time of purchase so that you can always keep the battery fully charged on long trips.
Display: The display should be really clear regardless of the prevailing weather conditions. Most of the motorcycle GPS comes with the state of the art anti-glaring screen to help you have a clear view of what is displayed even in bright sunlight.
On top of that, the screens are designed to display crystal clear and bright light that enables you to view images and other relevant information while riding under different weather conditions.
The Size: The motorcycle GPS device needs to be of the right size; not too small or too bulky. With the right size, it is easy to manage the device and it will easily fit on the motorbike when mounted properly.
On the other hand, if the device is too large, it becomes vulnerable to breakage and a hindrance to the dynamic aspect of the motorcycle. For the smaller devices, you may find yourself in a difficult situation to see the tiny information displayed.
In this case, you need to look for a motorcycle GPS that is of average size with good features to make your trip enjoyable and worthwhile.
This feature is very important in the sense that it will keep your device in good working condition despite being subjected to the moisture or rainfall. The best motorcycle GPS is one which comes with waterproofing feature that allows you to ride even in rainy conditions without getting damaged by water.
When selecting your ideal motorcycle device, you should always consider this feature and if possible, let the person selling to you test it to avoid future disappointments. Waterproof GPS items are known to be long-lasting and quite handy in any kind of weather conditions.
• Device Construction
A good device is one which is compact and sturdy. This is recommended because when mounted on the motorcycle, it should withstand frequent vibrations and rough rides that is oblivious to motorbike rides.
In addition to that, the control features including the touchscreen should be ready to withstand all aspects of riding in a windy environment. Therefore, before paying for your motorcycle GPS device to be, you should check that everything on the device is intact and functional.
• Touchscreen with gloves
This feature is important whereby, you will not need to remove gloves when you want to operate the touchscreen. Almost all motorcycle gloves are designed to operate the touchscreen without much of a hassle.
In fact, touchscreens for the motorcycle GPS devices are designed with sensitivity to gloves to save you the time you would waste removing gloves to operate them.
Whenever you are purchasing a GPS gadget for your motorbike, make sure the touchscreen is working perfectly with your gloves.
• Voice navigation
With current cutting-edge technology, most of the latest motorcycle GPS products have voice navigation feature. With voice navigation, you will not waste your time operating the device with your hands.
The inbuilt voice will guide you accordingly as you ride along. As a result, you will be able to keep your hands on your motorcycle controls and concentrate on your trip without much of the distractions.
This feature is effective when the device is connected via Bluetooth enabled helmet that is sold together with your motorbike.
• Headset pairing
Some headsets come when already Bluetooth enabled to pair with your smartphone or the GPS device. Pairing allows you to receive and make hands-free calls as well as listening to voice command from the motorcycle GPS devices.
What are the Benefits of a motorcycle GPS?
A motorcycle GPS has transformed the way navigation is done today. As such you can venture into those regions you are not familiar with, without any worry of getting lost. Apparently, the device comes with several benefits, among them listed below:
Easy installation: The motorcycle GPS is easy to install an independent device from your motorbike. You don’t have to worry about its operation because it works on its own without involving your motorcycle’s engine mechanism. What you need is to read the manual and you are good to go.
Easy to operate: The technology behind a motorcycle GPS makes it easier to operate. Every step has been simplified to allow anyone to use the device with ease.
Compatibility: Most of the motorcycle GPS are designed with compatibility features to help you pair it with smartphones and tablets. You can pair or sync the GPS with the smartphones for easier operation through an app installed in the mobile phone.
The easy way to avoid getting lost: Motorcycles GPS has transformed navigation and you can easily know your position and get to your destination without any hurdle.
Tracking your bike: When mounted on your motorbike, the GPS can help you track it in case of theft.
Storage of data: You can store and retrieve data recorded during your trip using the GPS. This data can help in reviewing your entire journey on a motorcycle.
Safety of your bike: The GPS device can be used to jam your bike and prevent any unauthorized person from starting it. This is a safety mechanism for your motorcycle when you are not using it.
FAQs Regarding Motorcycle GPS Unit
What is the best GPS for adventure riding?
GPS is necessary to help you stay safe during your adventure. If you are an adventurous biker then you will need to have the best GPS which is Garmin ZUMO 396 LMT-S. You can pair different devices to have a fulfilling road trip. It supports Bluetooth which is compatible with most of the devices. This enables you to listen to music and pick calls. It also transmits some driver alerts to encourage safe driving by alerting you on what is coming ahead. It also has a high-quality display that is resistant to hostile weather conditions and UV rays. You will also get to enjoy Germin adventurous routing to help you navigate hilly terrains
What is the best GPS for dual sport motorcycle?
Dual sport bikes can be used both on the trail and roads. Therefore, you require a high-Quality GPS like Garmin GPS MAP78 because it is versatile and Powerful. It loaded with maps which can help you to quickly locate the route. It is very reliable and it is built with a worldwide base map to allow additional maps. It also supports Garmin connect to allow you to send your activities.
Which Garmin Zumo is best?
GPS is Garmin Zumo 395LM is the best GPS unit that you can have. It is endowed with lots of features. It has inbuilt Bluetooth that helps you to make calls safely on the road. It has sunlight and a glove-friendly readable touchscreen display. Its screen is resistant to harsh weather conditions, UV rays, and vapors from fuel. You will also enjoy the adventurous routing that will make it easier to navigate through hilly or curvy routes. You can also control music from your smartphone and MP3 media players. Therefore, it is very essential when it comes to navigation while on the motorbike.
Why are motorcycle GPS so expensive?
Motorbike GPS can be quite expensive. The cost can be high because of its hardware. Most are weatherproof which implies they are made from quality materials.
Another factor that contributes to the high cost is the display. Motorbike GPS uses a special display that reacts to the gloves as well as without the use of gloves. The maps have also played a crucial role because these maps are specific to riding a motorcycle.
How do you mount A GPS to a motorcycle?
The installation of a motorbike GPS is different from that of a car. Therefore, you need to start by purchasing the motorbike GPS with all the hardware units that are to be installed. On your motorbike handlebars choose the appropriate position where you would want to mount your GPS unit. Ensure you choose a location where it is easy to reach and it will not obstruct you from having a proper view when driving.
Thereafter, use the Allen key to unscrew the handlebars then do some adjustments to ensure your GPS unit corresponds with the width of the handlebars. You might require to cut some pieces of rubber to ensure it fits on the handlebars. Use your Allen keys to tighten the mounted unit until it is stable.
Attach a holder and slide your GPS unit into the holder. Connect the battery cable to the GPS unit and connect it to a 12 v power supply on the motorbike. Turn it on and test if it is functioning optimally.
From the information given above, you can decide on the best motorcycle GPS device that can work well for you.
Even though it may depend on its cost, the device you settle for should be of great features to make your riding trip a memorable adventure.
Check Our Other Buyers Guide and Tech List :