It’s not a secret anymore that smartphone and tablet speakers are not enough. You just can’t get a high-quality sound out of a small and flat device that is designed to fit in your bag or pocket.
The good news is..
Well, it has been for a while now, that you don’t have to rely on your tablet or mobile phone to get good sound whenever you’re on the go.
Thanks to the integrated Bluetooth, these speakers usually work with Android, iOS and practically any Bluetooth-enabled device you’ve got. This also includes your desktop or laptop.
What’s also important is the fact that they don’t require a Wi-Fi network and this makes them even more convenient and flexible than Apple-only AirPlay speakers for instance. There are lots of things you should consider and learn before you buy your very first Bluetooth speakers.
So let’s begin..
Best Bluetooth Speakers Reviews 2018
(Best for the Bucks)
|66 Ft||24 Hours||18 Month||No|
|ZOEE S1||33 Ft||6 Hours||24 Month||No|
|OontZ Angle 3||30 Ft||12 Hours||3 Month||Yes|
|OontZ Angle 3 PLUS||30 Ft||30 Hours||3 Month||Yes|
|JBL Flip 3|
|33 Ft||10 Hours||12 Month||Yes|
|AOMAIS GO||33 Ft||30 Hours||12 Month||Yes|
|Mighty Rock||30+ Ft||12 Hours||18 Month||No|
|Bose SoundLink||30 Ft||8 Hours||12 Month||Yes|
|SoundLink MINI||30 Ft||7 Hours||12 Month||No|
|COMISO 30W||33 Ft||20 Hours||12 Month||No|
Tips for Buying the Best Bluetooth Speakers
The market is flooded with a lot of Bluetooth speakers lately, but some of them aren’t going to be worth your time. Everyone has their own specific list of wants and likes that will ultimately determine the best Bluetooth speakers for their needs, but there are some universal traits to look for when shopping for a high-quality Bluetooth speaker:
Check out the battery size of the Bluetooth speaker: Most Bluetooth speakers are supposed to be portable, and this means that no cables are involved, and there’s no cable outlet either. This feature highlights the high importance of the long life of the battery. You have to review the play time of the battery before making any purchase and this way you will avoid any future inconvenience.
The recommended battery life of a Bluetooth speaker should be around 12-24 hours. Don’t forget also to check the required charging time. A high-quality speaker will need about 1-2 hours to be fully charged.
Check the Wi-Fi connectivity feature: The wireless audio technology is evolving every day and today’s speakers can have access to the Internet via Wi-Fi connection. If you’re interested in this feature as well, don’t forget to check it.
Choose easy to handle Bluetooth speakers: Most Bluetooth speakers are really easy to use and setup. Some of them come with control buttons, and others are controlled by your smart device or via the remote control. A remote control is always easy to use and to navigate, but it’s recommended to get a Bluetooth speaker controlled by either a smart device or mobile app because it makes the control easier.
The other tips for buying the best Bluetooth speakers that suits your needs are:
- Make sure it’s portable.
- Decide on your desired size.
- Check the audio quality at all volume levels to make sure it works flawlessly.
- Check the speaker’s durability (if it’s waterproof and shockproof).
- Make sure to consider the highest budget that you have available for buying a Bluetooth speaker.
- Check out the construction and design.
- Check for connectivity with non-Bluetooth devices.
1. Anker SoundCore – The Loudest Bluetooth Speaker
With this Bluetooth speaker, you will be able to experience your music in full-body stereo realized via dual high-performance drivers and a unique spiral bass port. Its battery life is 24 hours which equals approximately 500-song playtime.
This speaker uses the Bluetooth 4.0 technology, and it is compatible with all Bluetooth-enabled devices. You will be instantly able to connect it to your phone or tablet from up to 66 feet away. Another great thing is that it also reconnects automatically to the last device that it was paired with.
The speaker comes packaged really well, and it also has a micro USB charger. The speaker is very light, and it’s also nicely built, and it has a great feel in your hand. Powering is effortless, all you have to do is press the power button, and it becomes ready for immediate pairing.
- Great volume (can get loud)
- 24-hour battery life
- Bluetooth 4.0-compatible
- 66-feet Bluetooth range
- Great overall sound
- Strong bass
- Robust mids
- Ringing highs
- Easy to pair
- Auto reconnect
- The automatically reconnecting to the last paired device thing may annoy some people who rotate their devices, but for those who only have one or two devices, it’s a good thing.
2. ZOEE S1 – The Super Bass Bluetooth Speaker
The most important features of this next speaker are its high-quality crystal clear sound, its loud volume and bass and the fact that it’s ultraportable.
The mids and highs from its two acoustic drivers deliver excellent stereo sound and the enhanced bass creates an awesome soundscape. I wasn’t able to hear any distortion even at higher volumes.
It comes with a high capacity rechargeable 1800 mAh lithium battery that works for up to 6 hours on a full charge.
This Bluetooth speaker proved to be a top-notch contender for quality sound and such a small package. Another advantage is its durability and its design.
- Loud volume
- Clear sound
- Great overall sound quality
- Universal Bluetooth compatibility
- Easy to pair
- Works with non-Bluetooth devices via 3.5mm cable
- Suitable for indoor/outdoor usage
- Streams music (via Spotify, Pandora, etc.)
- The only downside with this speaker is really the 6-hour battery life, which is on the short side, but that may be a volume tradeoff thing.
3. OontZ Angle 3 – Ultra-Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
The first generation OontZ speaker features crystal clear sound from two distinct precision acoustic drivers, and it delivers excellent stereo sound and increased bass.
It’s also water-resistant and ultraportable, meaning that it’s perfect for the beach, poolside, car, home and so on. Don’t get me wrong, it can resist water spray, but you cannot partially or fully submerge it.
It comes with a high capacity rechargeable battery of 2200 mAh that last for up to 12 hours of playtime at 2/3 volume on a full charge.
It’s designed to be comfortable to carry, and it’s super light to fit very well in your luggage or backpack. You can connect it via Bluetooth to any compatible device, and it also includes a Micro-USB charging cable and a 3.5 mm audio cable.
- Great bass
- Smashing highs
- Solid mids
- 12-hour battery life
- Universal Bluetooth compatible
- 3.5mm audio-compatible
- Suitable for indoor/outdoor use
- The auto-off feature can be a little annoying, but it does conserve battery life, so it’s a tradeoff.
4. OontZ Angle 3 PLUS – The Best Affordable Bluetooth Speaker
The OontZ Angle 3 PLUS is an ultraportable wireless Bluetooth speaker with a rich bass output. It features an excellent 30-hour battery play time and a high-quality sound. It’s splashproof and water-resistant.
Other features include fast and easy Bluetooth connection, loud playing volume with no distortion, and a sleek and stylish design which makes it comfortable to carry around.
The dual 1.7-inch precision drivers crafted with Neodymium deliver an excellent stereo sound and loud volume without any distortions. The Passive Bass Radiator is faced downward to enhance the bass output without interfering with the clarity of the stereo drivers.
Its battery capacity is 4400 mAh, and it provides a maximum of 30 hours playing at 2/3 of volume. The quality audio and its stylish design make it a perfect home speaker.
It can be connected to all supported devices including the following: iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac, all Smartphones, Tablets, Kindle Fire, Windows 10 computers, Echo Dot, Echo.
The Windows 7 systems, TVs, and non-Bluetooth devices can be connected using the included 3.5mm audio cable to the AUX-IN jack on the speaker. It also features a built-in microphone, a Micro USB charging cable, and a 3.5mm audio cable.
- Loud volume
- Great overall sound
- Ultra-long 30-hour battery life
- Suitable for indoor/outdoor use
- Robust compatibility
- Built-in mic
- While it is water-resistant, you can’t submerge it, which means it’s not 100% waterproof.
5. JBL Flip 3 – The Best Bluetooth Speakers Overall
The JBL Flip 3 all-purpose, all-weather companion speaker is the award-winning one in the flip series. This is a portable Bluetooth speaker that delivers very powerful room-filling stereo sound all over the house and outside, as well.
This ultracompact speaker is powered by a 300 mAh rechargeable battery that offers up to 10 hours of uninterrupted playtime after being charged completely.
The durable fabric and its rugged housing allow the speaker to outlast almost any kind of adventure. It can be connected up to three smartphones or tablets and then take turns playing a powerful stereo sound.
Another great feature of the JBL is that it can also take crystal clear calls with the touch of a single button thanks to the noise and echo cancelling speakerphone.
- 10-hour battery life
- Loud volume
- All-weather (suitable for outdoors)
- Pairs with other JBL Connect + devices
- Noise cancelling microphone
- Doubles as a speaker phone
- Like many portable Bluetooth speakers, it’s water-resistant, but not completely waterproof, so it’s important not to dunk it in the pool, though it’s still suitable for poolside usages and can be rained on/splashed on safely.
6. AOMAIS GO – The Best Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
The AOMAIS GO Bluetooth speaker has a rugged, durable strength and also good looks to match it. It features the IPX7 waterproof rating which makes it ideal for outdoor use.
Its 30W stereo allows the bass to boom flawlessly. It also comes with a TWS function that permits the pairing of two speakers for a powerful 60W stereo surround sound. The battery is really impressive with a capacity of 7200 mAh, and it manages to recharge very quickly.
It’s easy to use with compatible devices, and it can also be connected with non-Bluetooth devices via the 3.5mm jack.
One of its best features is the IPX7 waterproof functionality because it allows the speaker to be fully immersed in up to 33 feet for about 30 minutes. It is also protected from dust, snow, mud, and drops.
Its clean and rich sound fills any room, and it performs amazingly even when it’s taken outside. It can also support Karaoke with the 3.5 mm external microphone, so it would be perfect for a backyard party.
The rechargeable battery can go on for 30 hours, and the quick charge function allows it to get fully charged in about three hours. The emergency power supply prevents any fadeouts.
- Loud volume
- Great bass
- Quality overall sound
- 30-hour battery life
- 3-hour charge time
- Fade-free audio
- High battery life-to-charge time ratio
- IPX7 waterproof rating
- Rugged and durable
- 3.5mm jack
- Can be paired with another speaker for stereo sound
- You have to pair two of the speakers together to get the stereo experience, though this isn’t that big of a deal, since most comparable Bluetooth speakers are exactly the same in this respect.
7. Mighty Rock 6110 – The Best Deep Bass Bluetooth Speaker
The Mighty Rock 6110 features a strong aluminum-alloy shell, Bluetooth 4.1, 12 hours of playtime and TF card support.
The speaker created rich, deep bass, crystal clear midrange, and smooth treble. The music can be managed quickly and easily from any Bluetooth-enabled device.
Thanks to the speaker’s lightweight and portable design, it is really simple to stream music anywhere. Its built-in rechargeable battery with 2200 mAh supports up to 12 hours of streaming.
The speaker’s 16 watts output power and Dual acoustic drivers allow high-quality content sound.
- Strong aluminum-alloy shell
- Decent volume
- Great sound overall
- 12-hour battery life
- Lightweight and portable
- Durable and rugged
- Doubles as speakerphone
- The weakest point with the Mighty Rock 6110 is the bass, but the decent balance with the mids and highs makes for a great overall sound, even if it might annoy some bass fanatics.
8. Bose SoundLink Color – Most Durable Bluetooth Speaker
Some of the top features of this Bose offering include water-resistant durability and a voice-guided pairing assist feature that simplifies the pairing process tremendously.
The battery allows up to 8 hours of play time and boasts a quick recharge time. The built-in microphone is useful for the speakerphone or accessing digital assistants such as Google Now or Siri.
A notable pro of this speaker is a Bose Connect app that makes it easier than ever to connect and switch between devices. The drag-and-drop interface is intuitive, and it makes connecting simpler.
It also allows the personalization of settings so the focus can remain on music.
- Silicone exterior for ruggedness
- Easy connectivity
- Voice-prompted pairing guide
- 8-hour battery life
- Suitable for outdoors
- The fact that it doesn’t come with a power adaptor is a little annoying, but with the quick battery recharge, that isn’t so bad.
9. Bose SoundLink Mini – The Best Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Just because this speaker is small, it doesn’t mean that it also has to sound that way.
It manages to deliver full sound with much deeper lows that you would expect from a speaker that easily fits in the palm of your hand. It can be taken anywhere due to its wireless functionality and small, compact size.
The built-in speakerphone allows you to make clear calls; your voice will sound great on the other end, as well.
It can play unplugged for hours, and it can be recharged from most USB power sources. The speaker remembers the last eight devices that were used, and it will automatically reconnect to them.
- Long battery life
- Great Bluetooth range
- One-button functionality
- Deep bass
- Compact size
- It’s on the heavy side for a compact speaker, but it’s not really that heavy. It just depends on your preferences in this case.
10. COMISO 30W – Best Bluetooth Speakers with Super Bass
The COMISIO speaker offers powerful performance, a built-in 5200 mAh rechargeable battery that can play up to 20 hours, a built-in mic Bluetooth speaker and hands-free function.
It comes with Bluetooth 4.0 speaker connectivity, and it has a range of about 33 feet.
This speaker also remembers the most recent eight devices that have been used, and it automatically reconnects to any of them.
- Ultra-long battery life (20 hours)
- Broad Bluetooth range (33 feet)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Hands-free functionality
- Built-in microphone
- Great overall sound
- There have been a few reports of charging issues, but that seems more like a defective unit than a flaw in the actual speaker design. It is just simply something to be aware of in case it arises.
Bluetooth Speaker Buyer’s Guide – The Main Factors to Consider
A Bluetooth speaker is worth considering for around the house, or you can choose a more rugged one which is also easily transported, and you can take it out and about for all kinds of outdoor activities.
If you also consider the advanced software for pairing speakers and sync them together, you’ll find out that it has never been easier to create yourself a full-blown sound system in your home or on the go.
Lets jump in..
- The form factor: Bluetooth speakers are usually portable, but they don’t always have to be like that. As I’ve already mentioned, some speaker systems are built for connecting to your PC or HDTV. The Bluetooth connectivity comes as a secondary function in these cases. Such type of Bluetooth speakers is ideal for you in case you want wireless audio at home. If you take a chance and try all these with a non-rugged or water-proof speaker, you might have a few surprises, and the biggest of them all will be the fact that you’ll end up with a brick instead of an audio device. It’s much better if you look for speakers with IPX ratings and which guarantee water and shock resistance if you plan on carrying them in the woods, on the beach or to the pool.
- Durability: You also have to know that not all portable speakers are built to be carried around outdoors or used by the pool or in the rain. Rugged speakers are able to handle drops, dunks, splashes, and keep running as nothing has happened.
- Charging capabilities: You should be aware of the fact that the more features and power a certain system has, the more likely to die sooner it will be. This is usually true especially for systems that are used for longer periods of time. Some portable speakers feature built-in rechargeable batteries, and this makes them more convenient for listening to music. This feature offers perfect flexibility of listening to your favorite artists whenever you want to without having to worry about the battery life. If you want your speakers to be more versatile, you should consider some that can be powered and charged by other sources such as via a car charger or a USB.
- Audio quality and size: If portability is not at the top of your priority list then the audio quality should be paramount. There are lots of speakers that don’t have tons of features, but they produce flawless sound. Deep bass is not suited for everyone, but unless your speaker is really tiny, it should be able to reproduce low frequencies as accurately as possible without getting distortions when the volume is high. Clarity is more important than the sheer power, and a clean and balanced sound should be an essential goal when you’re buying a Bluetooth speaker. Make sure to check the frequency range of the speakers that you plan on buying as it is best that they deliver frequencies between 100Hz and 20,000Hz. Getting a high fidelity portable system will eliminate, for sure, the sound quality issues. If you long for an audio system that can flood your entire house instead of filling just a single room, you should know that in this case, size does matter. The bigger a speaker is, the louder it will be able to get while sound excellent at the same time.
- Connectivity: Apart from the auxiliary input, you would be lucky to find anything else in the way of connectivity supported by most Bluetooth speakers. Even a 3.5mm auxiliary input isn’t certain if you’re getting a cheap or a really tiny speaker. On the other hand, there are a few speakers that can cover multiple targets and they can even use multiple wireless standards.
- Compatibility: Another essential factor you should consider before purchasing a Bluetooth speaker is making sure that it will be compatible with the electronic devices with which you intend to use it. For instance, there are lots of types of Bluetooth speakers that may only be compatible with a few device operating systems, and here I’m referring to the ones used in iPods and iPhones.
- Wireless range and multi-unit setup: Usually, the best Bluetooth speakers also offer multi-unit pairing, and they can remain connected to a source device flawlessly across at least 30 feet (in the best case scenarios), and this also includes having walls and furniture between them. If you add a good wireless range to the speaker, you’ll have an ideal portable Bluetooth speaker for outdoor or indoor audio playback.
- How much you’re willing to spend: Bluetooth speakers come in a wide range of prices, but you shouldn’t make a mistake and assume that the most money will always buy you the best speaker.Of course, generally speaking, higher-end speakers will indeed sound much better, but sometimes they will lack some features that you might expect to come along with that price tag. My advice is to get the best possible sound and the most features that you desire for a price that you can really afford.
Benefits of Buying a Bluetooth Speakers
Bluetooth speakers are the best alternative ever. They’re the best way you have available these days to listen to music wirelessly when you’re not able to carry around your entire Dolby surround sound system from your living room.
You don’t really have an excuse in today’s world to make with the disappointing sound coming out of your tablet or smartphone. A Bluetooth speaker is an incredibly straightforward and efficient audio solution that everybody should have around.
- Wireless connectivity: The best Bluetooth speakers run on battery power and they use the Bluetooth wireless technology to connect to all devices which are Bluetooth enabled including tablets, smartphones, PCs, and laptops. The Bluetooth technology will help you get rid of all the tangled wires that can be both messy and annoying.
- Portability: Of course, one of the most significant advantages of Bluetooth speakers is their portability. Just think about it, who would have thought 20 years ago that you’ll be able to walk around your neighborhood carrying a speaker and enjoying your favorite tune? I’ll tell you, this idea was unheard of. You had to carry your whole system out. But nowadays, it’s really common for people to invest in a Bluetooth speaker so they can take their favorite music with them anywhere, anytime.
- Energy efficiency: Another true benefit of these speakers is the fact they’re energy efficient. You don’t need to plug them anywhere as they work on batteries; in other words, you can simply replace them (if they work on disposable batteries) or you can also recharge the speakers before taking them out for hours of pure fun in the sun or under the moonlight. You should know that a decent Bluetooth speaker can even run for 48 hours nonstop! Pretty amazing, isn’t it? That’s enough time to party till you drop.
- No installation process: Unlike other complicated hardware, Bluetooth speakers don’t need installing, and all you have to do is place them up to five meters from the source device (the device where you store your music), connect them to that device via Bluetooth and press Play. It’s that easy. This means you can listen to music from your smartphone, MP3 player, or PC via these speakers. So, they’re perfect in case you’re throwing a party indoor or even outdoor.
- Seamless music streaming: The Bluetooth technology can stream music at mega-fast speeds, so you can enjoy uninterrupted music from the moment you press play until you get tired.
- Sound quality: Nothing irritates a delicate ear more than listening to music from distorted or disturbed speakers, one thing a Bluetooth speaker can guarantee you is that the sound quality remains the same regardless of the volume and this is not a small thing. Sound quality is essential as well. Lots of speakers don’t offer many features, but they manage to produce top-notch audio.
- Pricing: Fortunately, not all Bluetooth speakers cost a lot, so if you’re interested in buying a set of Bluetooth speakers, there are also affordable prices available on the market. This way, even the smallest budgets have a chance at happiness because you don’t need loads of cash to purchase a good quality speaker.
Bluetooth Speakers FAQ
Most issues occur while trying to pair your Bluetooth speaker to a phone, tablet or other compatible devices. Here are the most common potential problems and their answers:
Q. Why does my Bluetooth speaker have a pairing difficulty in the first place?
Either your phone or your speaker thinks that it is already paired to another device. You can solve this by following these steps:
• Get your speaker and your other device as close as possible while you’re performing the troubleshooting.
• Reset the Bluetooth on your phone or whatever device you are using.
• Reset the Bluetooth on your speaker.
Q. Why should I get my audio device and my speaker as close as possible while troubleshooting?
You should do this because usually, Bluetooth devices try to auto-pair to the strongest available signal.
Q. Why would my phone think that it’s already connected to another device?
It’s possible that your phone/tablet/iPad is connected to another device as you may have previously paired it to a car stereo, or to a speaker from another room. Just turn the Bluetooth OFF and then ON again.
Q. Why would my speaker think it is already connected to another device?
Maybe you were streaming audio to the Bluetooth speaker with another tablet a few days ago and if that tablet is still around it may still be connected to it. That’s why you’re advised to turn OFF and then ON your speaker. The same goes for your computers or smartphones around the house.
It is possible that someone else connected to your Bluetooth speaker and now it either remained connected to that particular device or it is looking for its last connection. Resetting the speaker will disconnect any devices allowing “space” for a new connection.
Q. Why do I have difficulty pairing my Bluetooth speaker to my laptop?
The Bluetooth functionality built into most computers and laptops is not suitable for audio streaming to speakers. Most laptops do include some kind of Bluetooth functionality but most chips are intended for keyboards and mice, and they’re not suitable for streaming audio. This is the reason for which Bluetooth streaming will often not work as good from a laptop as it does from a tablet or smartphone. You may encounter difficulties in pairing or audio dropouts during playback.
Q. How can I boost the Bluetooth speaker’s performance?
You can boost your speaker’s performance by minimizing interference. Just like the Wi-Fi, cellular phones, and other wireless signals, Bluetooth range and performance will also vary depending on various factors such as walls, people, and other wireless signals.
Walls: In case your phone is in your pocket, and you are moving between rooms, the Bluetooth signal will significantly be reduced. For example, I was streaming music to my speaker in the backyard with my phone in my pocket, and then I went inside for a drink. The audio was cut for a moment. I went further into the house, and the audio stopped streaming entirely.
People: The human body is one of the most offenders when we talk about Bluetooth signals. As a result, if you are in between your speaker and your device, this may also affect performance.
Other wireless signals: in case you have lots of devices “fighting” for wireless space inside your home, they’ll eventually fight each other. In case there are no other interferences present, and you are still experiencing issues, just make sure that any other Bluetooth devices or peripherals that you have in your proximity are disabled.
Q. Why can’t I pair my two Bluetooth speakers together?
Some Bluetooth speakers allow you to pair two units together for stereo playback. They will need to be within line-of-sight of each other and less than thirty feet from one another. Again, the closer they are, the stronger the signal will be.
Other issues regarding your Bluetooth speaker will probably vary according to the brand. They usually set up, get updated differently. They also have they own displays, controls, apps and so on. So, in case you are experiencing other issues besides the pairing ones that I’ve related above, it’s recommended to visit the manufacturer’s official page because you will find your answers there.
Check Our Other Buyers Guide and Tech List :