It’s not a secret anymore that smartphone and tablet speakers are not enough. You just can’t get a high-quality sound out of a small and flat device that is designed to fit in your bag or pocket.
The good news is..
Well, it has been for a while now, that you don’t have to rely on your tablet or mobile phone to get good sound whenever you’re on the go.
Thanks to the integrated Bluetooth, these speakers usually work with Android, iOS and practically any Bluetooth-enabled device you’ve got. This also includes your desktop or laptop.
What’s also important is the fact that they don’t require a Wi-Fi network and this makes them even more convenient and flexible than Apple-only AirPlay speakers for instance. There are lots of things you should consider and learn before you buy your very first Bluetooth speakers.
So let’s begin..
Best Bluetooth Speakers Reviews 2021
|JBL Charge 3|
|60 Ft||20 Hours||12 Month||Yes|
(Best for the Bucks)
|66 Ft||24 Hours||18 Month||No|
|JBL Flip 3|
|33 Ft||10 Hours||12 Month||Yes|
|Bose SoundLink Revolve +||30 Ft||12 Hours||3 Month||Yes|
|UE Wonderboom||80 Ft||2 Hours||24 Month||No|
|OontZ Angle 3 PLUS||30 Ft||30 Hours||3 Month||Yes|
|Sony SRS-XB43||98 Ft||24 Hours||12 Month||Yes|
|AOMAIS GO||30+ Ft||12 Hours||18 Month||No|
|SoundLink MINI||30 Ft||7 Hours||12 Month||No|
|COMISO 20W||100 Ft||24 Hours||12 Month||No|
Tips for Buying the Best Bluetooth Speakers
The market is flooded with a lot of Bluetooth speakers lately, but some of them aren’t going to be worth your time. Everyone has their own specific list of wants and likes that will ultimately determine the best Bluetooth speakers for their needs, but there are some universal traits to look for when shopping for a high-quality Bluetooth speaker:
Check out the battery size of the Bluetooth speaker: Most Bluetooth speakers are supposed to be portable, and this means that no cables are involved, and there’s no cable outlet either. This feature highlights the high importance of the long life of the battery. You have to review the play time of the battery before making any purchase and this way you will avoid any future inconvenience.
The recommended battery life of a Bluetooth speaker should be around 12-24 hours. Don’t forget also to check the required charging time. A high-quality speaker will need about 1-2 hours to be fully charged.
Check the Wi-Fi connectivity feature: The wireless audio technology is evolving every day and today’s speakers can have access to the Internet via Wi-Fi connection. If you’re interested in this feature as well, don’t forget to check it.
Choose easy to handle Bluetooth speakers: Most Bluetooth speakers are really easy to use and setup. Some of them come with control buttons, and others are controlled by your smart device or via the remote control. A remote control is always easy to use and to navigate, but it’s recommended to get a Bluetooth speaker controlled by either a smart device or mobile app because it makes the control easier.
The other tips for buying the best Bluetooth speakers that suits your needs are:
- Make sure it’s portable.
- Decide on your desired size.
- Check the audio quality at all volume levels to make sure it works flawlessly.
- Check the speaker’s durability (if it’s waterproof and shockproof).
- Make sure to consider the highest budget that you have available for buying a Bluetooth speaker.
- Check out the construction and design.
- Check for connectivity with non-Bluetooth devices.
1. JBL Charge 3 – The Best Bluetooth Speaker 2021
JBL stands out among Bluetooth speaker manufactures because of the quality of the sound and the affordability of their speakers. One such speaker is the Charge 3. If you want a speaker that will give you good sound and it is not a hustle to carry, then this is the speaker for you. What’s more, the speaker is also waterproof like the rest of its counterparts thanks to the covering.
When you buy the speaker, you get a micro USB cable, a charging block, a user’s manual and the warranty.
So what are some of the cool features of the Charge 3 speaker? The speaker is an improvement from the Charge 2 in that it is rated IPX7 which means that it is not only splash proof but completely water proof. The manufactures did not change the shape, and it is similar to its predecessors which are usually cylindrical. You will easily find the buttons on top of the speaker, and they are raised a bit from the speaker itself. However, the power and connect buttons are not raised but on the same level with the surface of the speaker.
The waterproof fabric does not only do a very good job of protecting the speaker from water (obviously), but it also gives it a very firm grip which I liked. A company must advertise itself at every opportunity it gets and JBL does this by placing their logo on the front of the speaker. Although it is conspicuous, it does not bother me since it is presentable.
At the bottom of the speaker at the back, there is a built-in stand which is great for support by the way. Apart from supporting the speaker, the stand also has five indicators to let you know how much juice you have left.
With its price range, I would say that 50 to 60 feet of connectivity is not bad at all, in fact, it is amazing. You achieve this range when there are no walls, with walls present, the range drops to around 30 feet which is not also bad at all.
When it comes to playing back, your options are limited since the speaker does not have a button where you can go back to the previous song. Apart from that though, you can play, pause increase and decrease the volume as you like. You can also skip to the next song by double tapping on the play button.
Due to its size, the Charge 3 does well on the Low, and you get quality sound even by the poolside or a noisy environment. If you do not like very strong bass, then you might find it a bit disturbing but all in all, it is a very powerful speaker.
The Mids are not as good as the lows with this speaker. It might be due to the waterproof covering but at the same time they are not terrible, and you can hear the vocals quite well. The problem is with hearing the Elements in the background when the speaker is in the Mids.
No one loves piercing sound especially when songs hit highs. Although the speaker is not very loud generally, the highs do not get harsh, and you can comfortably listen to your songs even in loud volume.
Additionally, its covering gives it a very firm grip which you would want if you are handling the speaker in wet conditions or with wet hands.
- It has very clear sound even on lows and highs
- Completely waterproof
- Has a connectivity range of 50 to 60 feet
- Their covering make them very easy to handle when wet or in wet conditions
- They have a charger port that can be used as a power backup
- You cannot go back to a previous song
2. Anker SoundCore – The Loudest Bluetooth Speaker
With this Bluetooth speaker, you will be able to experience your music in full-body stereo realized via dual high-performance drivers and a unique spiral bass port. Its battery life is 24 hours which equals approximately 500-song playtime.
Going over the physical features. It falls into the small speaker category making it ideal if portability is high on your list. SoundCore Boost is not very similar in size and weight to the speakers that I have listed below.
The top and bottom of SoundCore offers unique looking rubberized plastic, gives off a recycled paper like appearance. The speaker gives a feeling of a quality product. The surrounding fabric grille looks great too overall it doesn’t feel cheap.
It has LED battery level indicators , NFC pairing, Google Voice assistance and Siri, you can use the “UP” button to boost bass significantly. However there’s no way to go back to your previous song which was somewhat of a letdown but you can skip songs.
It has a ‘Charge Out Port’ which works as a powerbank. If your phone is running low on a battery, plug in a USB cord to your phone and use the SoundCore just like a powerbank.
The SoundCore also features the IPX 5 rating. I’ve tested.. it’s only splash proof. So you can’t submerge this underwater.
This speaker uses the Bluetooth 4.0 technology, and it is compatible with all Bluetooth-enabled devices. You will be instantly able to connect it to your phone or tablet from up to 66 feet away. Another great thing is that it also reconnects automatically to the last device that it was paired with.
The speaker comes packaged really well, and it also has a micro USB charger. The speaker is very light, and it’s also nicely built, and it has a great feel in your hand. Powering is effortless, all you have to do is press the power button, and it becomes ready for immediate pairing.
- Great volume (can get loud)
- 24-hour battery life
- Bluetooth 4.0-compatible
- 66-feet Bluetooth range
- Great overall sound
- Strong bass
- Robust mids
- Ringing highs
- Easy to pair
- Auto reconnect
- The automatically reconnecting to the last paired device thing may annoy some people who rotate their devices, but for those who only have one or two devices, it’s a good thing.
3. JBL Flip 3 – The Best Bluetooth Speakers Overall (Editor’s Pick)
The JBL Flip 3 all-purpose, all-weather companion speaker is the award-winning one in the flip series. This is a portable Bluetooth speaker that delivers very powerful room-filling stereo sound all over the house and outside, as well.
Going over the physical features. It is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand or your bag yet still built very rugged. The exterior is splash proof like most of the other JBL speakers but you can’t submerge this under water.
Its nylon braided grill is very tough, the ends offers rubber grips to help this stand upright and also protect the passive bass radiators on the sides.
It has Bluetooth pairing, volume Down and Up and the speakerphone button, all of which are very tactile and very clicky. You get power ON and Off and the JBL Connect feature which allows you to link with another JBL Connect enabled speaker like the JBL extreme.
There’s five white LEDs to inform you how much battery is remaining which I very much liked. You also get 3.5 millimeter port for physically connecting your phone and is a micro USB 2.0 port for charging.
This ultracompact speaker is powered by a 300 mAh rechargeable battery that offers up to 10 hours of uninterrupted playtime after being charged completely.
The durable fabric and its rugged housing allow the speaker to outlast almost any kind of adventure. It can be connected up to three smartphones or tablets and then take turns playing a powerful stereo sound.
Another great feature of the JBL is that it can also take crystal clear calls with the touch of a single button thanks to the noise and echo cancelling speakerphone.
- 10-hour battery life
- Loud volume
- All-weather (suitable for outdoors)
- Pairs with other JBL Connect + devices
- Noise cancelling microphone
- Doubles as a speaker phone
- Like many portable Bluetooth speakers, it’s water-resistant, but not completely waterproof, so it’s important not to dunk it in the pool, though it’s still suitable for poolside usages and can be rained on/splashed on safely.
4. Bose SoundLink Revolve Plus – Best for Loud and 360 Degree Sound
Bose is known for quality, and the SoundLink Revolve+ does not disappoint either. The major improvement of the Revolve+ over its predecessor the Revolve is its increase in sound and the additional handle at the top. These adjustments make the Bose SoundLink Revolve+ a louder, portable speaker which gives a 360 degree sound experience. The Revolve+ is a cylindrical tubular shaped speaker which uses a sound deflector to ensure that the quality of sound is the same in all directions.
So what features does this Bluetooth speaker pack? Well, the very first thing you will notice is its artistic shape. The speaker can easily fit in into most home decors and can well hold its own as the major attraction atop a coffee table.
The bottom half is perforated with small holes all around so that the sound is not hindered by the covering. The speaker comes in white or black colors, and you can choose the one that best suits your taste. Most of the speaker’s body including the perforated lower part is covered with aluminum apart from the top and bottom which are covered in rubber. This is a nice feature that I like since it makes wiping the speaker easy and protects it also if it falls from the coffee table of from the sink.
At the back (although it is cylindrical) you will find a patch that is not perforated, and this is where you can insert a Micro USB cord for juicing up the speaker. There is also a 3.5 mm audio jack port which you can use to connect the speaker the traditional way (using a cable). The speaker has contact points on its base which you can use to hook up with a charger that Bose sells separately. I think the charger should be part of the package instead of being sold separately.
The speaker also has a threaded port which enables you to mount the speaker on a tripod stand. This is a cool feature when you are outside since you can erect it on a post.
The control buttons are placed on the top which makes it very easy to operate the speaker and set the volume to your satisfaction. The control buttons are dimples that include the on/ off button, the volume up down button, Bluetooth pairing, and input source switch.
The speaker also boasts of an inbuilt microphone which is very useful during calls. In fact, the microphone is so clear that the person on the other end will not have a problem with hearing you. The Revolve+ is also very clear and loud that you can also hear the person on the other end of the call without any struggle and at a distance too which I think is cool.
The speaker is also water resistant, and you should have no worries if you are to use it by the pool or beside the sink while washing the dishes. However, you should not submerge it in water since in as much as it is waterproof, it is not water resistant and so it will not survive the submersion.
You can also connect the speaker to two devices at any time, and it will also remember the last eight devices that were connected to it. It also has a voice prompt that will guide you through the connectivity procedure if you have a problem with the procedure. However, if you do not like the prompt, you can switch it off.
So how does the speaker attain its all-round sound? It has one speaker which is pointed downwards, and the sound is directed towards a deflector which distributes the sound all around. In this way, it does not matter where you stand; you will hear the same quality of sound.
On the High, the sound gets to be a bit harsh especially while playing some songs.
Its Mid-range is excellent and gives you a clear, crisp sound. The music is very clear in this range even when the volume is high.
- Has an inbuilt microphone which makes clear calls
- Has a handle for easier portability
- It is Siri, and Google Assist enabled which makes it easy to operate
- Clear, loud sound
- You can hear same quality of sound in whichever direction
- You can mount it on a tripod
- Comes with a different charger which is sold separately
5. UE Wonderboom – The Best Outdoor Wireless Speaker
UE is a Bluetooth speaker manufacturing company that is well known for producing very high quality and waterproof speakers like the Boom and the Roll. Therefore it is no surprise that the Wonderboom follows suite. It has a connectivity range of over 80 feet which is great since you can listen to music by the pool or in your backyard while trimming the fence. It also has some other cool features which we shall look at below.
First, the speaker has a unique shape which differentiates it from the other UE speakers. It is shaped like a wide soda can which makes it very pretty if you ask me. At the top of the speaker, there are three buttons, and the center one is in the form of the UE logo. There is also an elastic loop although it is too small for any meaningful use. But you can use it to hang the speaker on anchors that are thin-a nail for example. The speaker also has a micro USB port which is covered by a small plastic door. The micro USB port is a nice feature since it makes juicing up the speaker easy.
You do not have to worry about splashing the speaker with water or for it being rained on since it is covered with a waterproof material. The top and bottom parts of the speaker though are covered with smooth plastic. The volume adjusting buttons are quite large on the face of the speaker which makes it very easy to adjust the volume without the need to look. The buttons are the signature “+” and “-” found on other UE speakers.
Did your speaker fall into the water? Do not worry; the Wonderboom is IPX7 waterproof rated which means that it can stay under one meter of water for 30 minutes. As if that is not enough, the speaker is designed to float on water, so it does not matter when it fell in, it will simply swim!
Connecting the speaker to your smartphone or other device is pretty easy. The Wonderboom has an amazing connectivity range of 80 feet. Further than that the connection will not be very great, and you will start experiencing some breaks. What’s more, if you want more stereo surround, you can connect other Wonderboom speakers without using an app!
So you were wondering what the logo button on top of the speaker is for? Well, you have got the answer; it’s for connecting two Wonderboom speakers. On the downside though, you can only connect two Wonderboom speakers, and if you have a different type, it will not work even if it is a UE speaker.
To know the battery time left on the speaker, you have to press the up and down volume buttons at the same time. The speaker will give a certain tone depending on the juice left. Different tones indicate the different levels of battery charge left.
The speaker comes with a very quality sound output. It does not matter if you are in the shower or in the backyard; rest assured that you will miss nothing. This is because the speaker is quite loud and clear. However, the louder it is, the less time the battery will last before it goes off.
On the Lows, the speaker holds its own with pretty strong bass. Due to its size and mechanism, it is an improvement from the Roll speaker.
Although the Mids are not all that clear, it is safe to say that they are not muffled either, and you can hear the vocals.
One of the best things of highs with these speakers is that they are not harsh and you can hear them above everything else. However, the highs do lack in reverb.
- It is fully waterproof
- Has a long range of connectivity -80 feet
- You can connect it to other Wonder loom speakers without using an app
- Has loud volume
- Long battery life
- Unique shape
- Very durable
- Low battery life when on full blast
- Does not have an AUX 3.5 mm port like other UE speakers
6. OontZ Angle 3 PLUS – The Best Affordable Bluetooth Speaker
The OontZ Angle 3 PLUS is an ultraportable wireless Bluetooth speaker with a rich bass output. It features an excellent 30-hour battery play time and a high-quality sound. It’s splashproof and water-resistant.
Other features include fast and easy Bluetooth connection, loud playing volume with no distortion, and a sleek and stylish design which makes it comfortable to carry around.
The dual 1.7-inch precision drivers crafted with Neodymium deliver an excellent stereo sound and loud volume without any distortions. The Passive Bass Radiator is faced downward to enhance the bass output without interfering with the clarity of the stereo drivers.
Its battery capacity is 4400 mAh, and it provides a maximum of 30 hours playing at 2/3 of volume. The quality audio and its stylish design make it a perfect home speaker.
It can be connected to all supported devices including the following: iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac, all Smartphones, Tablets, Kindle Fire, Windows 10 computers, Echo Dot, Echo.
The Windows 7 systems, TVs, and non-Bluetooth devices can be connected using the included 3.5mm audio cable to the AUX-IN jack on the speaker. It also features a built-in microphone, a Micro USB charging cable, and a 3.5mm audio cable.
- Loud volume
- Great overall sound
- Ultra-long 30-hour battery life
- Suitable for indoor/outdoor use
- Robust compatibility
- Built-in mic
- While it is water-resistant, you can’t submerge it, which means it’s not 100% waterproof.
7. Sony SRS-XB43 – The Best Bass Speaker with Multicolored Line Lights
If you’re all about the bass like we are, then the Sony SRS-XB43 might be just what the doctor ordered. This small but powerful Bluetooth speaker delivers sound in a clear, crisp, three-dimensional way that’s guaranteed to bring the party anywhere you go – and we mean anywhere.
This speaker has an IP67 rating, which means you can take it to the beach, desert, or forest without worrying about it getting damaged by water or dust. The folks at Sony took things a step further by making it washable. Yes, you read right. If it gets dirty, you can give it a good old-fashioned wash and still have it working like it did on day one.
It has an exceptionally long battery life and can last up to 24 hours on a single charge. If you’re crazy about the ambient lighting and want to leave it on for the vibes, the SRS-XB43 can keep the party going for up to 14 hours, which is pretty impressive by industry standards.
The tweeter light, speaker light, and multi-color line light that come with this unit are spectacular. They give you that club-feel without ever having to set foot in one. You would have to see them flashing in sync with the beat to experience their mesmerizing effect. Switch things up by changing their color depending on the mood you’re in.
The most outstanding feature about it is no doubt the Party Connect. It allows you to connect up to 100 compatible speakers to amplify the sound (and bass) and even have all the music lights sync up.
The SRS-XB43 isn’t just great for parties. It also has a built-in speakerphone that offers a convenient, hands-free way to connect to your smartphone whether you’re chatting with friends or on a conference call. Talk about versatility.
All in all, the Sony SRS-XB43 is one of the most multifunctional, high-performance Bluetooth speakers on the market right now. It’s certainly worth checking out.
- Dustproof, waterproof, and washable
- Can connect with up to 100 compatible speakers
- Long-battery life
- Mesmerizing party lights
- Lightweight and portable
- Bass distortion may be observed at higher volumes
8. AOMAIS GO – The Best Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
The AOMAIS GO Bluetooth speaker has a rugged, durable strength and also good looks to match it. It features the IPX7 waterproof rating which makes it ideal for outdoor use.
Its 30W stereo allows the bass to boom flawlessly. It also comes with a TWS function that permits the pairing of two speakers for a powerful 60W stereo surround sound. The battery is really impressive with a capacity of 7200 mAh, and it manages to recharge very quickly.
It’s easy to use with compatible devices, and it can also be connected with non-Bluetooth devices via the 3.5mm jack.
One of its best features is the IPX7 waterproof functionality because it allows the speaker to be fully immersed in up to 33 feet for about 30 minutes. It is also protected from dust, snow, mud, and drops.
Its clean and rich sound fills any room, and it performs amazingly even when it’s taken outside. It can also support Karaoke with the 3.5 mm external microphone, so it would be perfect for a backyard party.
The rechargeable battery can go on for 30 hours, and the quick charge function allows it to get fully charged in about three hours. The emergency power supply prevents any fadeouts.
- Loud volume
- Great bass
- Quality overall sound
- 30-hour battery life
- 3-hour charge time
- Fade-free audio
- High battery life-to-charge time ratio
- IPX7 waterproof rating
- Rugged and durable
- 3.5mm jack
- Can be paired with another speaker for stereo sound
- You have to pair two of the speakers together to get the stereo experience, though this isn’t that big of a deal, since most comparable Bluetooth speakers are exactly the same in this respect.
9. Bose SoundLink Mini – Best for Really Long Battery Life
Just because this speaker is small, it doesn’t mean that it also has to sound that way.
It manages to deliver full sound with much deeper lows that you would expect from a speaker that easily fits in the palm of your hand. It can be taken anywhere due to its wireless functionality and small, compact size.
The built-in speakerphone allows you to make clear calls; your voice will sound great on the other end, as well.
It can play unplugged for hours, and it can be recharged from most USB power sources. The speaker remembers the last eight devices that were used, and it will automatically reconnect to them.
- Long battery life
- Great Bluetooth range
- One-button functionality
- Deep bass
- Compact size
- It’s on the heavy side for a compact speaker, but it’s not really that heavy. It just depends on your preferences in this case.
10. COMISO 20W – Best Bluetooth Speakers with Super Bass
The COMISO 20W Bluetooth speaker might be small, but make no mistake about it. It delivers a deep, punchy bass that’ll surprise you when you first hear it. The COMISO’s proprietary acoustic design delivers a full, rich sound that will fill up any room you’re in. Performance aside, we love its bamboo exterior and solid colors that render a classic feel to it.
It blends seamlessly with virtually any kind of interior décor you might have, so you don’t have to worry about it standing out like a sore thumb. Whether you’re looking for a portable speaker for the great outdoors or want something minimalist for your living space, the COMISO’s design is as versatile as they come.
You can connect it to any Alexa-enabled device such as the Echo Dot and enjoy hands-free voice control. It comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that lasts up to 24 hours on a single charge. We also like the built-in speakerphone that allows you to connect to your smartphone and take calls without having to pick it up.
Everything about this COMISO speaker has been designed to deliver superior sound quality. From the bass radiator to the stereo drivers, this device delivers distortion-free sound even at higher volumes, which is something you don’t often come across with speakers of its size. All in all, for the price, it delivers outstanding value for the money. It’s a definite winner in our books.
- Wide Bluetooth range
- Sleek, elegant design
- It’s pretty loud for its size
- Easy pairing process
- Long battery life
- It’s a little heavy compared to other portable devices in its class.
Bluetooth Speaker Buyer’s Guide – The Main Factors to Consider
A Bluetooth speaker is worth considering for around the house, or you can choose a more rugged one which is also easily transported, and you can take it out and about for all kinds of outdoor activities.
If you also consider the advanced software for pairing speakers and sync them together, you’ll find out that it has never been easier to create yourself a full-blown sound system in your home or on the go.
Lets jump in..
- The form factor: Bluetooth speakers are usually portable, but they don’t always have to be like that. As I’ve already mentioned, some speaker systems are built for connecting to your PC or HDTV. The Bluetooth connectivity comes as a secondary function in these cases. Such type of Bluetooth speakers is ideal for you in case you want wireless audio at home. If you take a chance and try all these with a non-rugged or water-proof speaker, you might have a few surprises, and the biggest of them all will be the fact that you’ll end up with a brick instead of an audio device. It’s much better if you look for speakers with IPX ratings and which guarantee water and shock resistance if you plan on carrying them in the woods, on the beach or to the pool.
- Durability: You also have to know that not all portable speakers are built to be carried around outdoors or used by the pool or in the rain. Rugged speakers are able to handle drops, dunks, splashes, and keep running as nothing has happened.
- Charging capabilities: You should be aware of the fact that the more features and power a certain system has, the more likely to die sooner it will be. This is usually true especially for systems that are used for longer periods of time. Some portable speakers feature built-in rechargeable batteries, and this makes them more convenient for listening to music. This feature offers perfect flexibility of listening to your favorite artists whenever you want to without having to worry about the battery life. If you want your speakers to be more versatile, you should consider some that can be powered and charged by other sources such as via a car charger or a USB.
- Audio quality and size: If portability is not at the top of your priority list then the audio quality should be paramount. There are lots of speakers that don’t have tons of features, but they produce flawless sound. Deep bass is not suited for everyone, but unless your speaker is really tiny, it should be able to reproduce low frequencies as accurately as possible without getting distortions when the volume is high. Clarity is more important than the sheer power, and a clean and balanced sound should be an essential goal when you’re buying a Bluetooth speaker. Make sure to check the frequency range of the speakers that you plan on buying as it is best that they deliver frequencies between 100Hz and 20,000Hz. Getting a high fidelity portable system will eliminate, for sure, the sound quality issues. If you long for an audio system that can flood your entire house instead of filling just a single room, you should know that in this case, size does matter. The bigger a speaker is, the louder it will be able to get while sound excellent at the same time.
- Connectivity: Apart from the auxiliary input, you would be lucky to find anything else in the way of connectivity supported by most Bluetooth speakers. Even a 3.5mm auxiliary input isn’t certain if you’re getting a cheap or a really tiny speaker. On the other hand, there are a few speakers that can cover multiple targets and they can even use multiple wireless standards.
- Compatibility: Another essential factor you should consider before purchasing a Bluetooth speaker is making sure that it will be compatible with the electronic devices with which you intend to use it. For instance, there are lots of types of Bluetooth speakers that may only be compatible with a few device operating systems, and here I’m referring to the ones used in iPods and iPhones.
- Wireless range and multi-unit setup: Usually, the best Bluetooth speakers also offer multi-unit pairing, and they can remain connected to a source device flawlessly across at least 30 feet (in the best case scenarios), and this also includes having walls and furniture between them. If you add a good wireless range to the speaker, you’ll have an ideal portable Bluetooth speaker for outdoor or indoor audio playback.
- How much you’re willing to spend: Bluetooth speakers come in a wide range of prices, but you shouldn’t make a mistake and assume that the most money will always buy you the best speaker.Of course, generally speaking, higher-end speakers will indeed sound much better, but sometimes they will lack some features that you might expect to come along with that price tag. My advice is to get the best possible sound and the most features that you desire for a price that you can really afford.
Benefits of Buying a Bluetooth Speakers
Bluetooth speakers are the best alternative ever. They’re the best way you have available these days to listen to music wirelessly when you’re not able to carry around your entire Dolby surround sound system from your living room.
You don’t really have an excuse in today’s world to make with the disappointing sound coming out of your tablet or smartphone. A Bluetooth speaker is an incredibly straightforward and efficient audio solution that everybody should have around.
- Wireless connectivity: The best Bluetooth speakers run on battery power and they use the Bluetooth wireless technology to connect to all devices which are Bluetooth enabled including tablets, smartphones, PCs, and laptops. The Bluetooth technology will help you get rid of all the tangled wires that can be both messy and annoying.
- Portability: Of course, one of the most significant advantages of Bluetooth speakers is their portability. Just think about it, who would have thought 20 years ago that you’ll be able to walk around your neighborhood carrying a speaker and enjoying your favorite tune? I’ll tell you, this idea was unheard of. You had to carry your whole system out. But nowadays, it’s really common for people to invest in a Bluetooth speaker so they can take their favorite music with them anywhere, anytime.
- Energy efficiency: Another true benefit of these speakers is the fact they’re energy efficient. You don’t need to plug them anywhere as they work on batteries; in other words, you can simply replace them (if they work on disposable batteries) or you can also recharge the speakers before taking them out for hours of pure fun in the sun or under the moonlight. You should know that a decent Bluetooth speaker can even run for 48 hours nonstop! Pretty amazing, isn’t it? That’s enough time to party till you drop.
- No installation process: Unlike other complicated hardware, Bluetooth speakers don’t need installing, and all you have to do is place them up to five meters from the source device (the device where you store your music), connect them to that device via Bluetooth and press Play. It’s that easy. This means you can listen to music from your smartphone, MP3 player, or PC via these speakers. So, they’re perfect in case you’re throwing a party indoor or even outdoor.
- Seamless music streaming: The Bluetooth technology can stream music at mega-fast speeds, so you can enjoy uninterrupted music from the moment you press play until you get tired.
- Sound quality: Nothing irritates a delicate ear more than listening to music from distorted or disturbed speakers, one thing a Bluetooth speaker can guarantee you is that the sound quality remains the same regardless of the volume and this is not a small thing. Sound quality is essential as well. Lots of speakers don’t offer many features, but they manage to produce top-notch audio.
- Pricing: Fortunately, not all Bluetooth speakers cost a lot, so if you’re interested in buying a set of Bluetooth speakers, there are also affordable prices available on the market. This way, even the smallest budgets have a chance at happiness because you don’t need loads of cash to purchase a good quality speaker.
Bluetooth Speakers FAQ
Most issues occur while trying to pair your Bluetooth speaker to a phone, tablet or other compatible devices. Here are the most common potential problems and their answers:
Q. Why does my Bluetooth speaker have a pairing difficulty in the first place?
Either your phone or your speaker thinks that it is already paired to another device. You can solve this by following these steps:
• Get your speaker and your other device as close as possible while you’re performing the troubleshooting.
• Reset the Bluetooth on your phone or whatever device you are using.
• Reset the Bluetooth on your speaker.
Q. Why should I get my audio device and my speaker as close as possible while troubleshooting?
You should do this because usually, Bluetooth devices try to auto-pair to the strongest available signal.
Q. Why would my phone think that it’s already connected to another device?
It’s possible that your phone/tablet/iPad is connected to another device as you may have previously paired it to a car stereo, or to a speaker from another room. Just turn the Bluetooth OFF and then ON again.
Q. Why would my speaker think it is already connected to another device?
Maybe you were streaming audio to the Bluetooth speaker with another tablet a few days ago and if that tablet is still around it may still be connected to it. That’s why you’re advised to turn OFF and then ON your speaker. The same goes for your computers or smartphones around the house.
It is possible that someone else connected to your Bluetooth speaker and now it either remained connected to that particular device or it is looking for its last connection. Resetting the speaker will disconnect any devices allowing “space” for a new connection.
Q. Why do I have difficulty pairing my Bluetooth speaker to my laptop?
The Bluetooth functionality built into most computers and laptops is not suitable for audio streaming to speakers. Most laptops do include some kind of Bluetooth functionality but most chips are intended for keyboards and mice, and they’re not suitable for streaming audio. This is the reason for which Bluetooth streaming will often not work as good from a laptop as it does from a tablet or smartphone. You may encounter difficulties in pairing or audio dropouts during playback.
Q. How can I boost the Bluetooth speaker’s performance?
You can boost your speaker’s performance by minimizing interference. Just like the Wi-Fi, cellular phones, and other wireless signals, Bluetooth range and performance will also vary depending on various factors such as walls, people, and other wireless signals.
Walls: In case your phone is in your pocket, and you are moving between rooms, the Bluetooth signal will significantly be reduced. For example, I was streaming music to my speaker in the backyard with my phone in my pocket, and then I went inside for a drink. The audio was cut for a moment. I went further into the house, and the audio stopped streaming entirely.
People: The human body is one of the most offenders when we talk about Bluetooth signals. As a result, if you are in between your speaker and your device, this may also affect performance.
Other wireless signals: in case you have lots of devices “fighting” for wireless space inside your home, they’ll eventually fight each other. In case there are no other interferences present, and you are still experiencing issues, just make sure that any other Bluetooth devices or peripherals that you have in your proximity are disabled.
Q. Why can’t I pair my two Bluetooth speakers together?
Some Bluetooth speakers allow you to pair two units together for stereo playback. They will need to be within line-of-sight of each other and less than thirty feet from one another. Again, the closer they are, the stronger the signal will be.
Other issues regarding your Bluetooth speaker will probably vary according to the brand. They usually set up, get updated differently. They also have they own displays, controls, apps and so on. So, in case you are experiencing other issues besides the pairing ones that I’ve related above, it’s recommended to visit the manufacturer’s official page because you will find your answers there.
Check Our Other Buyers Guide and Tech List :
What a great piece of content. I assume that you have spent hours writing
this speakers reviews. Thanks for sharing these ideas with us.
You are welcome Summit. 🙂
Really enjoyed the read, I have been using the JBL Flip 2 for a few months now and can vouch for the durability and sound quality of the speaker. it really packs a massive punch.
Thanks for your feedback.
Nice elaborations, I’m sure these could help to those who are still confuse on what to buy for Bluetooth speakers. Thanks for sharing your ideas. Regards! – wirelessspeakers.com
You are welcome Gary. 🙂
What a nice read ? This is a great review especially for someone looking forward to buy a Bluetooth speaker. Many are the times when we have bought speakers in the past and only to have bad experiences as a result of buying the wrong speakers that are of poor quality. This type of review goes a long way to solve these problems. I appreciate this is a great resource for Bluetooth speakers lovers.
I am glad it helped.
I am looking for a cool looking and punchy bluetooth speaker under $100. Which one is best fit for me?
Tronsmart T6 is almost as good as Flip 4 but has more bass.
Great review !
I think i will go with jbl charge 4.
Thanks for sharing